A Busy Week

Its only Tuesday, but it is already shaping up to being a busy week around here. Yesterday we began working with our new manager. I received a quarterly award last week, which included a half day off with pay. I asked her if I could book that time off for Friday afternoon. That will shorten my workweek. Tomorrow is our son's birthday. His wife's birthday is next week. We always celebrate them together. I would have liked to have done that this past Sunday, but she was busy running around and helping get her mother ready for an overseas trip that she leaves for today. Saturday afternoon we will be going to a family gathering. Our niece is hosting it, she has a large park-like backyard. I asked our daughter-in-law to have her mother order us 2 trays of meat and cheese for the gathering. She works at the Polish fine foods place, so ordering it in her name means that I will get twice as much on the trays. I picked up 4 different boxes of crackers to bring along. I will bake some cookies and do up a cookie tray. There will be lots of us there and we didn't want our niece to have to bear the brunt of the work and picking up all of the food. I have laundry in the washing machine currently-Tuesday is laundry day around here. It is almost finished the cycle, time to move things into the dryer, and soon I will need to start up my computer in order to start work on time. Have a great day today and enjoy the quiet moments if they come your way. ~Photo is mine
@dodo19 (46415)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Life can definitely get crazy sometimes. Hopefully things quiet down for you.
Once we get past Thanksgiving next month I hope that things will quiet down.
You are so kind to help your niece with the food for the party. I will do laundry tomorrow, I have already replaced all the kitchen towels and those of the bathrooms, but tomorrow I will have a little more.
Thank you. We are a large family, so if we all do what we can, it makes gatherings easier for the host. And our niece just lost her Dad, so she is grieving, and I think that it is only right that we all bring what we can afterall, she is hosting the event, she works and has 2 small children so is very busy.
@Juliaacv - You are a large and wonderful family. She is surely happy to know that you are helping and she does not have to take care of everything.
@Juliaacv It is so exciting to know that also Harper and Willow will be part of the gathering. May be your husband is still not too much in the mood, he is surely still suffering for the loss of his brother. It was a good idea to set all into motion early, the days fly.
You'll be busy but good busy. Happy birthday to your son and daughter in law (next week). The family gathering sounds like fun and it's nice of you to bring along so much food. I'm sure your niece will appreciate it all. I did my laundry yesterday but there always seems to be something that needs to be done throughout the week Have a good day and don't work too hard
Thanks, I hope that we can do a family facetime tomorrow night. It depends on them, they need to get the babies down when they can. I do laundry on Tuesdays, Fridays and usually a small load on Sunday of his work clothes.
@Marilynda1225 Our son and his wife use their set more then anything else in that house. Twins generate alot of laundry. I can only imagine them doing it around the clock when they are grown and their clothing is larger.
@Juliaacv even though there's only 2 of us here our washer/dryer seem to be going at least once a day. I wonder sometimes how much laundry I used to do raising 4 kids
• Rockingham, Australia
A very happy birthday to your son and his wife. And have a great time at the family gathering too.
Thanks. I look forward to seeing the family, we all feel sad as we are gathering to remember their oldest brother who recently passed.
@JudyEv Its okay. We have never had anyone cremated in the family and then followed by a private family gathering. My hubs told me that as much as he cannot speak about Saturday, he needs closure. I remember shortly after we met, he was talking about his older siblings, and he told me that he had THE best big brothers in the world. He thought they were everything, smart, fun and successful. And for the most part they were, and the older 2 were such great fishermen. I know that he has probably finally found that perfect fishing hole.
• Rockingham, Australia
@Juliaacv Oh sorry so not perhaps such a great time. It will be nice to share memories and stories though.
@LindaOHio (104159)
Congratulations on your award! Happy Birthday to your son. Hope you have a good time on Saturday. Sounds like fun with lots of food!
Thank you, I work really hard, the award meant alot to me. The family gathering on Saturday will be bittersweet. We are having a private family gathering to remember my hub's eldest brother who passed earlier this month. My hubby is struggling with the idea of a family gathering and his brother not physically being there. But food, always, lots and lots of food as there will be lots and lots of people to feed.
@LindaOHio He really really needs to be around his family right now. Its been too long, almost 2 full calendar years except for 1 little afternoon visit we all shared recently. I will offer to drive us, its over an hour's drive, both ways, so that he can relax just a bit-I am sure that he will want to drive, but I need to offer.
@LindaOHio (104159)
@Juliaacv I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I hope he can enjoy the get-together.
@CarolDM (192739)
Love this photo. So beautiful. Congrats on your award, well deserved. September is a busy birthday month. Enjoy!
Thanks, I worked hard to achieve that award.
@CarolDM (192739)
@Juliaacv You are very welcome. I am very sure you did. As I said, well deserved.
@CarolDM When I started work today I received another award from the Assistant V/P, which really threw me for a loop. I was recognized once before this year by him for my work, so this pleased, but shocked me.
@RebeccasFarm (74106)
Happy birthday to your son and wife Julia. How is the new manager then.
@Juliaacv Yes I thought you may have been. Well I hope the new manager will work out well for you all there.
Thank you. We will gather maybe next weekend. The new manager is slowly growing on me. I miss my former manager, and he still sends me messages and checks up on me and the morale of the team, he misses us. We were all so tight.
And you too, don't overdo it
As they say, when it rains, it pours. Lovely photo of the flowers and butterfly. Enjoy the birthdays and the family gathering,
Thank you. Our family gathering this weekend will be bittersweet, it is a private family gathering to remember my hubby's eldest brother who recently passed.
@Juliaacv then memories are best when everyone can say Hey I remember so and so Sad but nice too
@JESSY3236 (16851)
Happy Birthday to them!!
Thanks, the month is flying by.
@Beestring (5900)
Congratulations on your getting the award. Happy birthday to your son and his wife. Have a great time with your family.
Thank you, I know that we will have a nice birthday celebration when we can gather. It was an honour to receive this award, when I got to work I found out that I received another award.
@LouAvul (1147)
Hubby did our laundry Sunday and I need to put away the clean clothes from the laundry basket.
You are lucky that he did the laundry. Mine does some of his work clothes on Sundays, but I do the rest of our clothing and linens on Tuesdays and again on Fridays. Friday is still a few days away, so I can relax for a bit.
@sickly09 (645)
What's a busy day......