I Chose to throw out sensibility yesterday

As I had difficulties falling asleep, due to a certain restless little boy dog named Cooper, who may have been feeling the chill in the area and crawled under the top of the covers to plant his bottom and back against my back, I slept in a bit this morning and did not get up out of bed until 9:30 this morning. The first thing I did, after padding my way down the stairs in my robe and bare feet, was to brew up a cup of coffee in the Keurig. I took that couple of minutes to put away the clean dishes from the dishwasher, and take care of the other couple of things still in the sink. I also went outside and folded up the lawn chairs, and removed Cooper's tether from the ground. Today, they will come through with the lawn mower. To-hell-with-it Tuesday I'm not very hungry this morning (now 10:45 a.m.). Yesterday was "to-hell-with-the-diet Tuesday." I didn't just make a decision for one specific moment, but to forgo almost all sensibility. My friend, Lynn, and I made a plan to spend some time together. She put on the coffee, and I stopped by a new (and only) donut shop in the area. Lone Star Donuts had a variety of "Texas-style" pastries. I'm not sure what made them this way, but it is definitely their "thing." I ended up eating two donuts yesterday for breakfast with coffee. Cooper and I had errands to run yesterday in the afternoon. We went through the drive-thru at Burger King and I ordered an Impossible Burger (a plant-based burger), sans the mayo, meal. Yes, we ate the french fries, too. Dinner last night was the rice dish that I shared last night, which was quite delicious. (I posted photos in a discussion before going to bed.) So, yesterday was laden with carbohydrates and sodium. I ran all the numbers, and the calories were not completely out-of-range, if I weren't watching what I eat. I consumed about 3000 calories, which I've been keeping in the 1600 to 1800 range most of the time. I know that it doesn't have to be a reason to beat myself up, but I do need to simply accept the enjoyment of having had this day, and get back to my plan. On-the-WAY-back Wednesday Today's plan is to get back on the path. For my first meal, I'll eat a bowl of soup about noon. It is likely that I will make up a big salad for my dinner meal late this afternoon, using tuna fish for my protein; maybe, a yogurt and fruit bowl for a light meal about 8 p.m. I'm sure that Cooper and I can both benefit from a bit longer walk today, after the extra calories. So, I'm going to try to get 2 mi/3.2 km in. I'm having more issues with my right knee, and I'm awaiting the consult to the physical therapist. That's about all for now There is not much else to report for today. But who knows what adventures lie ahead? It will definitely NOT include donuts today! Photo credit: Pixabay
I'm glad you aren't beating yourself up over having a relaxed day
@FourWalls (49287)
One of the websites I use for points calculation (Dottie’s Weight Loss Zone) has a motto: “One day at a time, no guilt, and move on.”
@FourWalls omg I haven't heard of Dotties Weight Loss Zone in years
@FourWalls (49287)
@Marilynda1225 — I think it’s still up. I have the Healthi app that does my points counting for me (even does calculations), so I haven’t had to look anything up in eons.
@MarieCoyle (9479)
I call days like these and times with friends mental health days. We all need that once in a while.
@popciclecold (27612)
Some mighty good looking donuts. Glad Cooper got warm in bed with you.
I am glad you decided to have a relaxed day and to have those donuts with coffee. How was the taste of the plant-based burger? I have heard people saying that it's the same as a real burger and other saying that it tastes lake "hay".
The Impossible brand I thought was quite tasty.
@LadyDuck I have had some meat substitutes over the years that were horrible. But the new things that they're coming out with don't seem so bad. There's several new ones out, and I should do a taste test with them side by side.
@TheSojourner I have not tried yet, but I eat so little meat than I prefer a real burger if I decide to make one.
@aninditasen (11141)
• Raurkela, India
It's Thursday here and I had oats and gram flour pancakes for breakfast which controls weight. Lunch was as usual rice, curry and pumpkin pakoras. Dinner will be roti curry and milk.
Do you make your own pakoras?
@aninditasen I haven't yet tried my hand at making them. Perhaps, one day.
@aninditasen (11141)
• Raurkela, India
@TheSojourner Yes, I do make pakoras at home.
I’m trying to get back on track with eating healthy. We had a baby shower over the week-end so I’ve had leftover goodies to tempt me.
A tether is very hard to get in the ground here. So many rocks you hit within a few inches below the surface. I love the impossible whoppers I just wish they weren’t so expensive.
We have that as well, just horrible rocks underneath.
No reason to regret an occasional indulgent day, when it becomes a way of life it is a problem though. I think struggling with an illness, it is more important to enjoy life than count every calorie.
Very true words, you speak.
That's the way to do it. Just enjoy those moments and leave it at that. I think these kinda days actually keep us on track!
@Torunn (8956)
• Norway
I have considered starting counting calories but I might just calculate that my horses get the right amount of salt instead ... One of them has lost nearly enough weight, the other one still has some kilos to go. No donuts here today either, but I have chocolate cake. I might give in this afternoon, so if you happen to pass buy, there's chocolate cake and about 17 sorts of tea :-)
@Torunn (8956)
• Norway
@TheSojourner Right now, the wind is probably strong enough to blow me part of the way over there. But I suspect it would take me in the wrong direction, since it's coming from the north-west. I don't think I want to be blown to Russia, sensible people seem to be leaving the place.
I think that would be lovely! I think I have about 14 types, so make sure you do the same. Bring the chocolate cake!
@Torunn Funny that you should say that. There are some sensible people leaving the US, too.
@FourWalls (49287)
I like that. “To-hell-with-it Tuesday.” Might replace taco Tuesday. Or maybe not…but it would make a nice breakfast-lunch combination.
Anything to justify my behaviors. ;-)
Sometimes we just need a day off from counting calories, etc. As long as you don't continue on you'll be fine. Getting back on track sounds like the best plan.
It's what we have to do!
@RubyHawk (77332)
• Atlanta, Georgia
No need to beat yourself up after the fact just hang in and get back on schedule
@LindaOHio (109197)
It's OK to splurge once and a while. Today I will eat whatever seafood doesn't move at Red Lobster...and tomorrow I will eat the leftovers. Our anniversary only comes once a year; and we are thrilled that we have been together so long!
@wolfgirl569 (65091)
• Marion, Ohio
That means that Tuesdays are now your the hell with it days
Nothing wrong with relaxed days. I am kind of pushing myself these days and really writing up a storm online to keep posting especially on Vocal Media and make some much needed bucks, Glad you and Cooper enjoyed your walk,
• Rockingham, Australia
When I went off the rails trying to diet, I'd try to just forget about it and start again the next day. Overall, you're doing well.
@SonjaRae (16377)
What kind of donuts??? These are my favorites.