So many changes...

Rochester, New York
This past May 2022 I went from being a part timer to full timer at my work. I went from doing the markdowns to doing security and the lead person on the team. It was quite the change for me as I was working that part time position for 14 years and suddenly I was up to full time literally overnight! I went from getting 12 to 15 hours a week to getting 40 or over. I have numerous obstacles, ok well I have 3 of them really. Three guys who just do what they want and when they want. I'm trying to whip the team into shape and they are putting up a fight to not change their poor habits. Talking on the phone and texting are big No-no's and those three have no problem doing all three while on the clock. I knew coming into the position that there would be problems and no matter how hard one of them tries to get me removed from the team as he doesn't like that I'm changing things.. I'm not going anywhere!
@Deepizzaguy (77657)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Stand firm as their leader and they will learn to respect you as their leader.
• Rochester, New York
I am trying. One of them is making it hard, but as I told him. My peace of mind means more to me than his desire to constantly be the center of attention.
Sounds like those three need some shaping up. Maybe a group meeting with the changes would be of help.
He better shape up
You are the one right to try to have a good team respecting the working hours. Do not give up.
• Cuddalore, India
I think you should allow them to use mobile as security persons cannot be idle for a long time. Just my views. They might get bored.