Home and Happy

This week I am off from work. I have a final week's vacation to use up. I prefer to use it during this week of November. It is a nice break before the holidays next month and the busy time that follows. I do not have any plans, except for a doctor's appointment for later on this week. It is just my quarterly appointment, nothing out of the ordinary. There is always alot for me to keep myself busy with. I plan on doing some housecleaning. It is always nice to have it done really well before digging out the Christmas decorations. My hubs mentioned that he'd like to begin decorating next weekend or shortly after that. The weather is changing today. We have been really far below normal seasonal temperatures, today should begin a 3 day change to seasonal temperatures. We should be above freezing for 3 days. If that happens I hope to get my SUV in to get washed. We drove it yesterday to our son's place and they use a salt/sand mixture on the roads and a black vehicle isn't very forgiving when it comes to showing the dirt. I will wait until tomorrow to see if it is nice for a second day, as the steel of the vehicle needs to warm. A nice quiet week of relaxation where I will be home and happy not to be working. Anything special happening in your world this week?
I have been up since noon time yesterday. I am having the best time printing and listing. Have a nice day.
Thanks, I hope that your good day continues.
@Juliaacv it is I am ok.
@arunima25 (78186)
• Bangalore, India
That sounds like a perfect week...quiet one at home doing nothing much. . I also always have enough to keep me busy in my quiet home. It's good that you are doing cleaning before taking out the Christmas decorations.
Yes, I always have enough to keep me busy as well. Plus I will be able to spend a little more time myLotting, which is always so enjoyable.
@arunima25 (78186)
• Bangalore, India
@Juliaacv I totally agree. I enjoy the days when I get more time to be here Mylot is engaging and entertaining.
December is a busy month, I hope you can rest, relax and enjoy this week vacation even if you have many things to do. The weather is also changing here, it's getting cold and the rain is approaching. You are right about a black vehicle, it shows the dirt as much as a white one.
I am resting and taking time for me. I have already received notification that I will see the surgeon in February, so am taking all of the rest time that I can because I know that I will not get any until after that. I may try to move my hair appointment up a week and get that done this week as it relaxes me so much.
@LadyDuck I am preparing little meatballs as I usually keep some in the freezer for when we do not have alot of time to prepare supper. My hubby commented what a good idea that is that I have been in the habit of doing for a decade now. I have 12 meatballs in the oven now, and will do another batch after that. It gives me peace of mind to have a few meals handy to have ready.
@Juliaacv - You need to have a relaxed week. December is always a busy months and you will have no time to relax.
@wolfgirl569 (65433)
• Marion, Ohio
Not much here. I will probably start decorating Friday.
The is your Thanksgiving holiday week, I hope that you have a happy Thanksgiving.
@wolfgirl569 That is true, and food is just too expensive to be wasteful. I have a turkey in the deep freezer and I am tentatively planning on roasting it in January. We all will be ready for a nice big meal and we can send some leftovers home with our son and we will keep some for ourselves. Plus by then I will be looking for some extra space in the deep freezer.
@wolfgirl569 (65433)
• Marion, Ohio
@Juliaacv We simply stay home. Daughter goes to her girlfriends family and son likes to do a big one up. But we dont want to travel around after dark. And I am not going to do all that cooking even if we had the kids here. Then you have to do something with all of the leftovers.
Enjoy your week off from work. It's a busy week for us here as Thanksgiving is on Thursday. My oldest daughter is hosting the festivities and this is the first time in a few years that all my kids and grandkids will be together. I"m really looking forward to it. We put the tree up yesterday but still haven't decorated it yet. It's nice to just have the lights on and enjoy the ambience while we watch tv. We'll have to drag all the decorations out but probably not until the weekend.
I planned on starting the cleaning today, but so far I cleaned the shower enclosure and that has been it. Hopefully this afternoon I will get the dusting and vacuum cleaning done.
@Marilynda1225 This is a very nice time of the year. I begin this week with my Christmas preparations. Some of the stores have black Friday sales and I am looking for a pizzelle cookie maker, as my mother used to make pizzelle cookies and I would love to try my hand at it.
@Juliaacv I'll be cleaning as well in addition to making some side dishes for Thanksgiving. By the time the weekend gets here I should be ready to get the house decorated. This is my favorite time of the year
@CarolDM (199109)
So glad you have more time off. We have Thanksgiving this week. Not a big meal planned here. Just got back from an appointment and errands. Woke up to 18 degrees. Coldest morning yet. But now we are up to 50. That is about all for now.
We made it up to 5C today here, which is great considering yesterday it was -5C and that was bitterly cold. I am beginning to come up with a plan for Christmas Day brunch. That is what we do here with our son and his family. My hubs and I enjoy a nice meal together afterwards just the 2 of us.
@CarolDM I always feel sorry for our daughter-in-law because her parents went thru a difficult separation. He now lives in Florida and has a new wife and family. He does not even call our daughter-in-law, he calls his other daughter, her sister. It breaks our hearts that he mistreats her that way, but what can we do? We just show her the love that we have for her. She always wants to spend the majority of the day with her sister and her family. Her mother will come by, but we understand that. We have been invited to share in their celebration, but we think it best that they have their own time together. I hope that with being a mother she finds a new routine and focus for holidays such as this one.
@CarolDM (199109)
@Juliaacv Sounds like good times ahead for you and your family.
@pumpkinjam (8204)
I've never been good with having time off and nothing to do! This week is work as usual but I'm visiting my eldest son at the weekend. We haven't seen him for a couple of months. I'm taking my younger son, my husband, and my dad. I think my dad is the most excited about it as he's never been to where my son lives. Next week, while also still a normal boring working week, I'm looking forward to facetime with my eldest daughter and my granddaughters as it will be middle granddaughter's birthday, and then I'll be seeing my youngest son playing Lord Capulet in Romeo and Juliet. Somewhere in between, I'll need to finish wrapping Christmas presents (I've started, still need a couple more things) and sort out some decorations!
@Juliaacv I work from home most of the time, which I like. I particularly enjoy being able to get up a little later and not having to spend unnecessary time and money on the bus ride to the office! We've decided to get new decorations as most of ours have got broken over the years. I hope you enjoyed your baking, and your husband enjoyed the results. I love baking but don't do it often and I'm not too good at it.
I am a home body, I work from home, but not going into my office is easy. You do have alot to do when you consider that you need to sort thru your decorations, that takes so much time to have it all separated and then once it is out you can decorate. I have an errand to run this morning, so while I am out I will run a couple more, then when I come home I have home only time. I intend on baking a batch of cookies for my hubby, I also want to get the garland out that I put on the buffet and then the decorations that go on that piece of furniture. After handling garland I have to vacuum, that stuff seems to get everywhere. But other than making supper that will be my day today.
Yep, it's Thanksgiving week so have to start getting ready. We are headed out of town. I think we will see snow..as there should be some in the mountains.
@Juliaacv It is funny how the snow clusters in bands like that. My parents only live about 85 miles from Buffalo, but their snow is measured in inches instead of feet...Thankfully!
We drove thru a bit of snow on the roads yesterday going out to the lake to see our son and his family. We do not have that here, but they are on Lake Huron and get more all of the time.
Happy relaxation
Thank you, I was just thinking to myself that I do not want this week to fly by.
I wish you a great week ahead and hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Thank you. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Canadian Thanksgiving is the second Monday in October. We had it last month.
@RasmaSandra No, you are correct, it is only your country and mine that celebrate Thanksgiving to the best of my knowledge.
@Juliaacv you are right, I always get confused. Usually, I think there is only one Thanksgiving. Then you will certainly have time to take care of things this week and even get some time to relax. I am just remembering my Thanksgiving memories since I no longer have anyone to celebrate with and when I lived in Latvia there was no Thanksgiving.
Enjoy the warmer temps and the week off. I hope you can get the SUV in for a good wash. I'm waiting for my grandson to show up. I had a great afternoon at Book Club.
I hope that I can get it in for a wash, Mother Nature will have to dictate that.
@Juliaacv I've heard Mother Nature is fickle.
@LindaOHio (109732)
We will be getting temps above freezing all of this week; and the white crap will melt. We will be getting our COVID-19 booster #2 and our annual flu shots this week. Wednesday hubs will pick up our turkey dinner from the local grocery store. Neither of us can do the cooking and baking anymore. Have a good week off!
Thanks, I am enjoying today off so far. I like just kicking back without any commitments. We got our second booster shots on July 20th, this week when I see the doctor I will ask if I am able to get the variant specific shot or if he recommends me waiting. They are available just about everywhere so if I am approved to getting it I can walk in and get a shot without so much as an appointment at this stage I believe.
@LindaOHio (109732)
@Juliaacv Giant Eagle is giving them without an appointment too. We can get the #2 booster and flu shot at the same time they said. I hope you are feeling better.
@oahuwriter (27952)
Have a wonderful vacation! Sounds like you got all your plans made. Just, getting rest of Thanksgiving food, extra orange juice and free Medicare home test kits. I'll window shop a bit. So far forecast is for good weather.
I hope that you get everything that you need for Thanksgiving.
@oahuwriter That is a nice big selection.
@oahuwriter (27952)
@Juliaacv Thanks, almost did. Walmart didn't have cream filled horns, so got tiny pies. Blueberry, apple & pecan pies for dessert now.
@Treborika (2895)
• Mombasa, Kenya
I wish you a great time as you enjoy your holiday. It's seems you are ready to welcome the Christmas too. Happy Christmas decoration too
I am relaxing and doing what I love to do-stuff at home.
@Treborika (2895)
• Mombasa, Kenya
@Juliaacv I am glad that you are contented on whatever you are doing at home
I'm on a permanent vacation so I only make plans IF one of my friends wants to get together for whatever reason, lucky for me this week they're all busy with family so I'm off the hook and won't be going anywhere until sometime next week.
I am a home body too and love staying in.
@RebeccasFarm (78252)
Nothing special here Julia. Am not well again, but taking the meds. Glad you will have this time off. And hope your lungs and breathing are improving.
I thought that you were unwell again, I miss you when you are not here. Please take care.
Enjoy your week off.
Thank you. Today has been a productive day, I got all of the wood furniture wiped down with furniture polish so it looks great again. I scrubbed the shower enclosure and even out out my little Christmas tree display.
@sallypup (51683)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Friday one of my sisters is coming for a quick visit. Other than that, same old. I don't think we're doing much for this year's American Turkey Day.
I hope that you will take time to be thankful, we all need to do that.
@sol_cee (34488)
Ohhh Christmas decorating makes me excited!
I love it also.
@JESSY3236 (17148)
My mother is sick. Not Covid. She usually gets sick around this time each year. I will be ordering stuff on Amazon on Friday, or before Friday.
I am sorry that your mother isn't well, I hope that she rests and recovers. I ordered a few things online last month, which have arrived and are waiting for me to wrap them.