I realized something about me that may be a little odd

I realize something about me that may be a little odd. When buying clothes for myself or decorating my place, I tend to go with some semblance of green. I have been doing that for years, I know that some of the reason is because my eyes are green, but I hate it when I look outside and all I can see is green. I think that’s part of the reason why I love fall and winter so much. Fall has different colors on the deciduous trees, Then when the Leaves fall off the trees, you can see other colors in the world behind those trees. That is, unless you live way out in the boonies and all you see is forest, but even then, the world looks better to me, then when everything is green. I kind of feel closed in and by all those green leaves on the trees, but when they’re gone I feel freer.
I think that many of us have a favorite color, I like several in the fall tones.
Those are my primary favorites as well.
@Chellezhere Green is a beautiful color and it comes in so many shades.
@LadyDuck, it is, but there is too much of it outside during the summer and parts of spring and fall.
@CarolDM (197925)
I think we are all drawn to certain colors. Blue is mine.
Yes. We indeed are.
@CarolDM Blue is a favorite of many. A friend of mine is a manager for a newspaper and sometimes has to drive and deliver to rural routes. She has almost pushed papers onto bluebirds hunkered down in newspaper delivery tube box receptacles.
@CarolDM (197925)
@Chellezhere I have alway love blue fro as long as I can remember. And the little bluebird is my favorite.
I love colors of many kinds so that is good too. I am changing my home little by little.
@Chellezhere I have a scarf and I would love those colors.
@sharon6345 I tried to include a picture of the afghan this morning, but was using my phone and something between the servers did not cooperate. If you scroll through the comments and responses on this discussion, you will see it under Fleur.
I was given an Afghan last Christmas. I use the colors in it to decorate my current living room.
@sol_cee (34492)
I have a friend who LOVES green so much. Everything in her house is green- plates, cups, walls, curtains
Hunter green was a very popular color when I was a young adult, and I was already wearing it, so I incorporated it into my home decor, and only stopped that about a year ago.
@Ronrybs (17071)
• London, England
I tend to like darker blues and black/. No idea why
It may be a masculine thing. I know a lot of men and boys like that. Some, like my son, prefer a different color than blue (he likes darker shades of red and black), but they all seem to like that (pick your color) and black combination.
@LindaOHio (108799)
My favorite color is blue; and I tend to pick my surroundings with that color and also the colors that I wear.
Are your eyes brown or hazel? I had been choosing green clothes (or clothes that included that color) because my eyes are green.
@LindaOHio I thought so.
@LindaOHio (108799)
@Chellezhere I have brown eyes.
@RebeccasFarm (77448)
6h
This is indeed a very interesting aspect and observation you have made about you. I love it!! I do love fall and winter too my favorites. As far as I know, I love the color green in all its forms, and I loved Ireland too.
5h
@Chellezhere I suppose to me, it could be too enveloping..I can understand you. Course to me, any color too much of it can do that to me. I wonder if it is something about the leaves for you.
6h
Green is a cool color. It just needs other colors (besides tree bark) mixed in with it.
5h
@RebeccasFarm They are where the green comes from, so imagine they must be.
1h
Green is a nice color for you to like. My favorite color is purple.
1h
Purple is easy on my migraining eye.
@wolfgirl569 (64800)
• Marion, Ohio
We have plenty of open space around us so the leaves are wonderful to see.
I imagine they are.
I don't find this odd at all. I think that many people have a favourite colour. In my case it's the colour blue.
Yes, we all have favorite colors.
@Fleura (23033)
In that case it is odd that you choose green colours for yourself and your home!
@Fleura (23033)
@Chellezhere Maybe you have a subconscious desire for green in spite of yourself What colours are in the afghan?
@Fleura, didn't the picture I included with my last response to you show up?
My Henry in an afghan
Yes! Finally! Someone answered my question. Hating seeing green everywhere outside, yet having so much of it in my home decor has always befuddled me. I have since been using the colors of this afghan to decorate my living room.
@JESSY3236 (17111)
My favorite color is pink, but I like other colors too.
I have a neighbor who is obsessed with pink.
• Rockingham, Australia
My mother's favourite colour was green but there are many different shades of every colour.
Yes, there sure are.
@magallon (19109)
Color green helps to relax our eyes.
I have legal blindness, complete with 24/7/365 ocular migraines. My perception of color is not good. Coca-Cola trucks are orange. Hunter green was very popular in interior design when I was a young adult.
I don't find that odd. My favorite color is purple, so I have a lot of purple in my wardrobe and various things around the apartment. I also love autumn and especially winter for the variety of colors.
Purple is a great color for migraineurs.