Decorating on a Tuesday

I have had a busy day so far today. I have run some errands and baked, done laundry and cleaned. I started getting Christmas decorations out. I like to begin slowly by doing the buffet. The buffet is just a little collection of my different Santas and snowmen. When our son was small we would go out the first day that the stores were open after Boxing Day and buy a new snowman or Santa to put out the following year. I will wait a few more days to get anything else out, but this is at least a start. Have you started to decorate for the Christmas season yet? ~Photo is mine
• Southend-On-Sea, England
No, I have not started decorating yet. First, we are tidying the house.
I do it as I decorate and after I finish an area.
• Southend-On-Sea, England
@Juliaacv Good idea.
I’ve put out a few things. Your decorations are pretty.
Thanks, I only have 2 other decorations out.
This is so pretty, I will put on very little decorations this year.
Maybe on the weekend we will put up the tree. My hubby likes it up early, but it is too much work for just 1 person.
@LadyDuck I fully expected to be ready to put our tree up either today or tomorrow, but I have been too busy and I am not ready. I need to clean today. I miss your posts about the significance of various days. Maybe you will put one up soon.
@Juliaacv I will put up the tree the weekend of December 3, so I am ready to celebrate St.Nicholas the 6th of December. My husband can be of no help this year, he loses his balance all the time, he cannot lift weights, I will do while he does not see I am doing.
@wolfgirl569 (65513)
• Marion, Ohio
The earliest I start will be Thursday.
@wolfgirl569 No decorating for me today, I went across town and picked up 5 containers of baby formula.
I keep on forgetting that you have not had Thanksgiving as of yet.
@wolfgirl569 (65513)
• Marion, Ohio
@Juliaacv It is tomorrow. I might get the trees out tomorrow evening and set up. That way Sh ithead cat can check them out before I decorate them
• Rockingham, Australia
We might start when we get home in a few days' time. I like your little Santas and snowmen. They are very cute.
Thanks, most of them are from when our (grown) son was a boy.
@JudyEv It is comforting.
• Rockingham, Australia
@Juliaacv It's nice to have things that have been around for a long time.
@CarolDM (199221)
Your decorations look very nice. Reminds me so much of my sister. She decorated almost every part of her two story home. She loved Christmas. Snowmen were her favorite. Even had them in the kitchen. Sadly she passed on Christmas Day. Kind of ironic.
Thank you, I like both snowmen as well as Santas. They are all so old, something that our son and I did together adding to the collection yearly. I wonder what they will do with the twins, or if they will begin a collection in a few years with them.
@CarolDM You will know in your heart when the time is right. Just having you with us this year at Christmas is itself is a miracle. Let that thought guide you.
@CarolDM (199221)
@Juliaacv You are so welcome. So many memories there. We have talked about maybe decorating a little this year. We will see. I have so many good items all packed up in the attic that should be out to enjoy. But not yet. So many new beginnings for your family.
@dodo19 (46613)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
We haven't started decorating yet. We tend to really only start in December. My mother in law has put up some decorations at her place.
My hubby likes the decorations up early. Our tree is not up as of yet. It is hard to imagine that we are talking about Christmas decorations and tonight I plan on grilling steak as it is so mild out.
@RebeccasFarm (78487)
I love your little Christmas decorations every year Julia
Thank you, I love to put them up they bring back so many loving memories.
I love it and I said I would take mine out today as well.
@Juliaacv That would be a yes, I am glad about that and you do the same.
@sharon6345 Thanks alot.
I hope that you do and enjoy doing it.
Your buffet looks very festive Julia. Filled with things that are memorable My tree is up and we got the ornaments out last night. Today I will start putting them on the tree and probably over the weekend we'll get the rest of the house decorated.
I love to decorate a tree like you are. My hubs is just so quick to want it up and decorated all at once. But it is a layering thing as far as I am concerned.
@LindaOHio (109799)
We just put a wreath on the door and a tiny pre-lit tree on a pedestal. We don't get any company during the holidays.
I don't relish the thought of putting up the tree, it is alot of work.
@LindaOHio (109799)
@Juliaacv Yes it is. But it will look so nice!
@arunima25 (78184)
• Bangalore, India
That decoration looks pretty. Well, Christmas is not a part of our celebration. But since the very young age, my daughters would put up the Christmas tree a month before the day and decorate it. They would leave it there till the new year. This year my elder one has moved to college campus and younger one is in no mood to do anything without her sister so far. Not sure if she decides to put it somewhere close to Christmas.
Traditions are so interesting, why we do what we do and continue to do it. Last year, when we were expecting the twins, I bought 2 tiny stockings and folded some bills into each of them. I bought 2 very small stockings again this year, for the same purpose. I suppose that it will be a tradition.
@arunima25 (78184)
• Bangalore, India
@Juliaacv We all need to put some extra efforts to keep these traditions alive. I mean they mean so much and are for true connections. Sadly all these are dying out in the fast paced world.
@Beestring (8791)
Your decorations are pretty. Since my apartment is small, I'll just put a small Christmas tree in the living room.
I am sure that with a small Christmas tree you will still make it beautiful.
@Beestring (8791)
@Juliaacv Yes, I'll make it beautiful. Thank you.
@LouAvul (2440)
Yes we have minimal decorations and a minimal tree but we put them out a couple of days ago.
I have never heard of a minimal tree. When it comes to Christmas, we love tradition-traditional decorations and trees and wreaths and swags.
@LouAvul That sounds nice.
@LouAvul (2440)
@Juliaacv It sits on a table top and it about maybe 1 ft tall with fiber optic lights built in and no ornaments on it.
I haven't other than one thing. After I get back from Thanksgiving I will start Love your little snowmen.
Thanks. I keep on forgetting that you have Thanksgiving this week, it makes sense that you would not decorate for Christmas before that.
Too early for us here
For all of the work that is involved I like to enjoy the decorations for a month or so.
That is a wonderful decoration so festive, Not this year my cats would probably undecorate in a second,
Yes, cats can be tricky around Christmas decorations.
No, I don't think I will this year.
@Dena91 (18690)
Your buffet looks pretty. I don't decorate like I once did. I'll put out our ceramic Christmas tree, a nativity scene, and the wreath on the door and that will be about it.
Thank you. I have a small serving cart that sits up against a wall, and it is my little forest of Christmas trees. There are a couple of ceramic trees on it and a couple of glass ones and an arcrylic tree.