I Almost Got in a Car Accident

@kobesbuddy (156417)
East Tawas, Michigan
This morning, I went to make our house payment. Today was payday, so this has become my monthly responsibility. After stopping at the bank, I turned left onto the major highway. Traffic was pretty busy as it always becomes, just before a holiday. There was a vehicle stopped in the left turning lane, with its left blinker on. I was almost past them, when whoever was driving changed their mind and quickly veered right into my lane. I was already 1/2way past them and quickly slammed on my brakes. They just speeded up, as if nothing had happened! I was too shocked to get angry, didn't even blow my horn. What good would my horn do? They knew exactly what they had done! Whew. Anyway, it was too close for comfort:( I high tailed it for home and my jeep is safely parked out front At least there wasn't an accident, a blessing that I am thankful for
You certainly are lucky. You could have been seriously hurt along with damage to your Jeep.
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I have no idea what caused that driver to change their mind, so quickly!
@kobesbuddy crazy! that's why you always have to be on your toes.
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Marilynda1225 This brought back memories, of time spent in driver's training class. They had a machine to sit on, with break pedals. When the light blinked, I was to slam on the brake! In less than a second, an accident can be prevented.
@lovebuglena (38122)
• Staten Island, New York
Good thing there was no accident. I hate it when people are reckless behind the wheel or cut right in front of people.
@lovebuglena (38122)
• Staten Island, New York
@kobesbuddy I can imagine that. Here in NYC, a lot of people hate driving in Manhattan and avoid it at all cost if possible.
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@lovebuglena We visited Time Square one year, the traffic was dangerous!
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Whenever we go to the city, the irate driving is ten times worse!
Some people shouldn't be allowed to drive.
@kobesbuddy ........And/Or think they are the only ones on the road.
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I agree with this, some people don't know how drive!
@Tina30219 (79391)
• Onaway, Michigan
Glad you are ok and there was no accident
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
This frightened me for a minute or two. While the other driver just kept going, like nothing happened!
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Tina30219 They didn't even look or turn their head. Just jerked the wheel into my lane.
@Tina30219 (79391)
• Onaway, Michigan
@kobesbuddy That is not right at all people like that should lose their license
You did the right thing by driving safely and not blowing your horn. That is actually a form of road rage, and solves nothing. Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow.
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Getting mad would have compounded the problem. Or maybe it was an elderly person, who can't see well.
@DWDavis (20696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I am glad you made it home unscathed.
@DWDavis (20696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@kobesbuddy A similar incident is why I now have a dash cam in my truck.
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
The first couple seconds, I felt shocked and then slammed on the brake pedal. The driver didn't even look!
That must have been really scary. There was a fatal accident on a road near here..Luckily, I was nowhere around, although I do feel bad for those involved.
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I heard about a fatality in Michigan, a young man veered out of control off an icy road:(
Thank goodness you were ok . . . but ugh, those close calls. There are so many wreckless drivers out there, and too many of those close calls on a daily basis it seems. And these people don't even care .
@kobesbuddy Living where I do, we have to be on our driving guard every second !
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
As a driver, we have to be on guard every minute.
Thank heavens you are all right and did not have an accident. I can imagine how you felt. Good that you got home safely.
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
When his front fender cut over, I jumped on the brake pedal. In two seconds, it would have been different.
@Fleura (23101)
That was close! Glad it wasn't actually an accident. There are idiots everywhere
@Fleura (23101)
@kobesbuddy I used to ride motorbikes, and when I was learning I remember my instructor telling us 'Just assume that everyone else is an idiot'. Definitely good advice.
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Every time we go to the city, drivers are cutting us 0ff, passing on the right, honking their horns, it's dangerous!
• Rockingham, Australia
It's doesn't matter how carefully you drive, you can't depend on the other drivers to be doing the same.
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
It's a constant concern, whether a driver will error or come veering across the highway.
@CarolDM (198381)
Glad you are safe. Accidents can happen so quickly.
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
In about two seconds, I realized I had to think quickly!
@CarolDM (198381)
@kobesbuddy I am glad you are safe.
• Southend-On-Sea, England
Good to hear you are well.
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
The first couple seconds, I panicked! Then, by impulse I pushed the brake pedal.
@NanaMc (589)
I"m so thankful that the wreck didn't happen. I've been in one wreck and that's been more than plenty!! It's especially scary considering I was supposed to have 2 of my little boys with me but they decided to go with their daddy instead. At that time I was having a hard time keeping them in their belts and that's where the accident hit, right at their side of the car. The window busted out. I've thought many times about that and how thankful I am that the boys weren't with me.
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Thank God, your two boys were kept safe!
Glad that you are okay
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
For two seconds, I panicked and then, slammed on my brake pedal.
@sallypup (51532)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm glad you are okay. Maybe try the automatic payment option for that house payment?
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I am a member at a different bank, where my check is deposited. So, I either have to write a check or give them cash, at the CU.
I'm so glad you are okay
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
This happened so quickly, I didn't even have time to get upset! Afterwards, I thought about what could have happened!
@aninditasen (11090)
• Raurkela, India
You are a blessed being of God. Good you are fine and your car too.
@LindaOHio (109106)
I'm so glad you are safe and sound. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
@porwest (60362)
One thing about driving, it is always fraught with idiots and close calls. It is why I practice defensive driving. It seems you were doing that as well. Good thing you came out of it without a dent. I'd have at least given them the bird for whatever that is worth. lol