And Just To Think.......

What a busy busy busy day here today. When my hubs and I were having coffee together this morning, he asked me what my plans for the day were today. Surprisingly enough, I told him that today would be a very quiet day as I had no plans. Wow, did that ever change. I left early and went to Staples to print off some photos of the twins for a photo album that I am going to make. After getting that done I tried looking for a small brag book type of photo album, no such luck. I think that I put the cart before the horse for this project. I picked up some fresh mushroom and russet pototoes, as I would like to grill for supper and came home. When I got home I no sooner sat down and our daughter-in-law texted me. You should realize that nobody texts as quickly as she does. I get tired just trying to keep up to her. She found some baby formula in stock and asked if I was going out today. I was going out, but not to the other side of town, but...... After about a 35 minute drive I found the store and since there was no quantities signage in the area, I loaded 5 containers of the stuff into my cart. But yes....the cashier did question me. I innocently looked at her and asked her who could blame a person when they have triplets in the family. Okay, so a little white lie, but there was no signage. I picked up 2 tiny stockings just big enough to hold some folded bills for the babies for Christmas. I looked on that side of town for photo albums, but no, apparently they are a 'thing' of the past. I even managed to stop at one of my favorite shops on the way to that side of town. They are having a huge sale and I picked up a nice carmel coloured mock turtleneck and an adorable knitted vest. The vest is off white with flecks of brown in it. Those new pieces will go great with my favorite brown plaid slacks-breathe some life into those pre-pandemic slacks. Now it is early afternoon and I am finally just sitting down. I think that I will brew myself some coffee. And just to think, I had no plans for today yet I just sat down. ~Photo is mine
@Dreamerby (2912)
• Calcutta, India
Oh you have twins? Such a nice family
I do not personally have twins, but our son and his wife do. Right now there is a huge infant formula shortage in Canada, and everyone is scrambling to get what they need. Another grandmother spoke to me in the store and told me that she is in the same boat.
@NanaMc (589)
@Juliaacv That's going around everywhere I believe! It seems infant formula is one of those things that everyone needs and yet can't find. Even a year or so after the pandemic!
@Neil43 (2224)
Nothing much happened today as it is holiday here for the Saudi's win over Argentina on football match yesterday.
This is only the second time that my country, Canada, has been to the games, so it is still so new to me.
@kaylachan (39628)
Life can be funny that way. Just when you think you've caught a break, you find you're sadly mistaken. ah, life. Love it or hate it it loves to toss us curve balls.
I am going to enjoy every minute of this lovely and mild afternoon. I have to get some steaks out of the deep freezer as it is actually warm enough to grill them for supper. Happy Thanksgiving to you and to your family as you celebrate one of the greatest holidays tomorrow. Enjoy!
@RebeccasFarm (77451)
I adore this photo Julia!!
@Juliaacv Really beauty of a snap Julia
@RebeccasFarm Thank you, as beautiful and unobstructive a shot this is, watching a summer storm roll in from that deck was so exhilarating.
Thank you, I took that right after a summer rain storm from our back deck at the home we had in the country. We had the very best views from that back deck, morning sunrises, clouds, rainbows, snow drifts, everything.
@LindaOHio (109106)
Cool double rainbow. Have you tried to purchase the photo album online? There are dozens of possibilities on the internet! Amazon is a good place to start. Good luck.
@LindaOHio They will remind us of all of those firsts that the girls have experienced.
Thank you. I took that picture from our back deck at our former home out in the country, we had the prettiest views. I managed to find some little brag books only a short ways from where we live. I have 1 of them done and the other do do. I did one up for the kids and will keep another here for us.
@LindaOHio (109106)
@Juliaacv The brag books will be a lasting keepsake for all of you!
@CarolDM (198381)
Oh dear, I tried deleting the link and my entire comment went away. But you saw what I wrote. I know you will find the brag book eventually. Enjoy your coffee. Beautiful rainbow photo.
Thank you, I took that picture from our back deck at our home in the country where we used to live. I wanted to share this with you, I finally got it framed and it is in front of a wedding picture. I cannot believe that this picture was the most definitive moment in my life in 2022.
@CarolDM (198381)
@Juliaacv You are welcome. It is a beautiful and magical photo. Just like this one of the little angels. Thank you so much for sharing.
@CarolDM You're welcome. I did up a couple of little brag books. They are going to Toronto next week as his workplace has some extra money, so they are putting everyone up for a night and having a bit of an early in office Christmas party. He received some beautiful gifts from the people on his team that he manages, and I thought he may want to bring these along in his briefcase to show to the many people who have asked many times about the twins. His wife may like to bring them with her to the office when she returns in February.
So much for your "quiet" day. At least you got some things that were necessary.
Yes, and I will rest tonight. I want to get some cleaning done tomorrow so I will not go anywhere except to Staples to get a couple more pictures printed that I neglected to get done today. I forgot to load them on the stick.
You had a very busy day to be a day that started with "no plans". I am so glad you found the baby formula, you have bought enough to cover several weeks.
My hubby suggested that I return today to pick up more, but I warned him that we can only get what we are asked to get as we do not know their stock, and the doctor may have already advised them how long he wants them on formula. She told me that she is coming into town today so that she can get the carseats that they want for the twins, the sale on those begins this morning. I suggested that she come by and pick up the formula.
@Juliaacv - You are right to tell to your husband to wait, may be you have bought enough and they will not need the formula for a very long time. It is a good idea that she comes to pick up the formula as she is already in town for the carseats for the twins.
@wolfgirl569 (64937)
• Marion, Ohio
Quoet days have a way of doing that sometimes.
@sallypup (51532)
• Moses Lake, Washington
It sounds like you had fun.
I did have fun. I will do anything for my family, they are all that matter. It will bring alot of peace of mind to our daughter-in-law and son that they have a supply of formula.
@Fleura (23101)
Funny how often that happens Glad you got to sit down at last!
Thank you, I am enjoying the bottom half of the day.
• Rockingham, Australia
Goodness, your plans certainly did change. My mother had a brag book and we have several of those small photo albums devoted to a particular subject.
I love a little brag book, but they are very hard to find today as it seems as though very few people print off photos.
@JudyEv That is how our son and his wife buy their family photos, the digital version.
• Rockingham, Australia
@Juliaacv We rarely sell prints from our endurance rides. They all buy digital images. Some might get them printed later.
@aninditasen (11090)
• Raurkela, India
Sometimes you do have some unexpected busy day. Glad you are relaxing now.
This morning I went out for a really quick trip and then I heard on the radio that the Black Friday sale that I wanted to get the infant car seats at started today, so that meant another 40 minute drive to the store that had them in stock. Another busy day today.
@aninditasen (11090)
• Raurkela, India
@Juliaacv Sale goods sometimes are very cheap and have that same quality.
@Beestring (8560)
Sounds like you had fun. The rainbow in your photo is beautiful.
I was busy. Thank you, I took that photo from our back deck at our former home in the country. We had such beautiful views from there.
There is a saying man proposes, God disposes and this seems to have happened to you. Have a nice day