It's a Frost Fog Kind of Morning

It's an odd start to the day here today. Instead of going from night to day, we went from night to grey to day. We have been enjoying mild weather and the nights do get cold but not until well after the dew has formed on everything outside. It usually occurs in the middle of the night. That means we do wake to frost on everything, but also frost suspended in the air in the frost fog. I can kind of see the sun peeking thru some of the clouds. It is high in the sky and soon it will burn off the last of the frost fog for today. Today is Thanksgiving in the states, Happy Thanksgiving to you celebrating. To the rest of us, we all have so many things, people and events in our lives that make us who we are today, let us be thankful for those. ~Photo is mine
I have read that the cold days should start from next Monday. Today is sunny and warm. I went outside and checked if the garden is ready for the winter. The water is closed and everything is stored.
We are ready for winter here also. Today I was able to buy the 2 infant car seats as the sale began today. Just 1 more hurdle behind us to prepare for retirement, now he will need to install them.
@LadyDuck Not my retirement, just his. I am so happy with what I do and my employer that I only hope to get a few more years in. My hubby works so physically hard and he is getting tired, he is ready to retire.
@Juliaacv - You are getting closer to retirement, you will be happy to have all your time for yourself.
@LindaOHio (109106)
Thank you for your kind wishes. I hope you have a lovely day.
You are welcome, I hope that it's a wonderful day, of thanks and pondering what we all have to be thankful for.
@LindaOHio (109106)
@Juliaacv I am lucky to have a roof over my head, food on the table, money to pay the bills and a husband that I love.
When we were leaving for our Thanksgiving trip, it was very foggy for the first 2 or 3 miles. We left early in the AM and the fog was rolling in off the lake. I was worried it might be worse as the elevation increased, but fortunately we drove out of it fairly shortly.
@Juliaacv Yes, I think I have seen that a time or two.
I dislike driving in the fog, it's so dangerous, but if you can be home the frost fog is pretty.
@wolfgirl569 (64937)
• Marion, Ohio
Lovely view. Hope the sun burns it all off
Thank you. That was our former home in the country, that is a photo of a field of sugar beets.
It must have been beautiful. I remember when we had frost fog for a couple of days in a row. I got oodles of pictures of the glorious sight.
It sticks to the trees and just as that sun comes out, right before it melts the frost on the tree branches, everything is beautiful. Now the sun is out in full force, it will not be long before all of the fog is lifted.
@Juliaacv I'll need to find the pictures I took of those trees in my neighborhood. I'm sure yours are as beautiful as those ones.
@LouAvul (2246)
Frost fog is pretty
I don't like regular fog, but the frost fog leaves such pretty frost everywhere.
Thank you so much. This is the first I've heard of frost fog, heck we rarely even get fog so if we happened to get a frost fog we'd all freak.
It is slippery so you have to be very careful when walking or driving, but it is beautiful if you have no place to be.
@RebeccasFarm (77451)
You know I have always loved a misty fog
Its such an interesting looking sky.
@Juliaacv It is
I hope you can keep warm and that you had a nice day. We got lucky and the temps are back in the 70s at night so very comfortable.
We are enjoying mild weather still, for another week or so. We are around the 50 degree mark on your scale.
@Fleura (23101)
Lovely photo! Hope you have a good day. Yes we have many things to be thankful for!
Thank you, that is a field of sugar beets growing there.
• Rockingham, Australia
It's beginning to warm up here now but we did have rain on the way home for our houses-sit. Shortly, we'll be going for a nap.
You will be happy to get back home I am sure. It is going to be another mild day here again today, we are above average for the next week or so. Every day at this time of the year that is mild is another reason to be able to get outside, take a walk and do things that we cannot do once it is cold and snowy. I am taking advantage of that.