Thankful that I live where I do

Today was Thanksgiving Day and a very low-key day. I was disappointed not to hear from my daughter. I wish I understood why there is such a disconnect. However, it's something I'll probably never quite understand. I did make a Cinnamon streusel coffee cake in the late morning. It was rather tasty, and it came from a box from Betty Crocker®! RGD and I went to the dining facility on the base, what we used to call a "chow hall," back in the old days. For $10.05 each, we were able to eat our fill of Thanksgiving dinner. I think that I have come to the point, where I am so much happier with my own cooking, that I didn't eat much. I'm a good cook, so certain things I make better, but I didn't have to do the preparation, or the cooking, or the cleanup! When we left, this was the view I saw of the sun coming down. We were walking from the dining facility to the parking lot and, when I captured this photograph, I couldn't help but think that the sky above the trees looked as if we were looking at a sunset over a body of water. This is the photograph that I'm sharing with you. I am thankful for the beauty that I have around me, and I'm so glad that I am able to see those little bits of beauty, when there is so much of the/my world that is in chaos. Photo is my own
@LindaOHio (109732)
Lovely photo.. I'm glad you treated yourself to a meal out with no cleanup!!!
It was okay. It was disappointing in many ways, but I don't eat for the holidays anymore, I ate too just get some nourishment.
@LindaOHio As nourishment is the food necessary for growth, health, and good condition, I recognize that my over-indulgence doesn't count as nourishment. That's the damned story of my life that I allowed out of control in many aspects of life. I am doing my utmost to be more careful, and recognize that the all-or-nothing behaviors don't serve me well, and that I have to stop the pattern. *sigh*
@LindaOHio (109732)
@TheSojourner I get too much nourishment over the holidays! :-)
@noni1959 (9252)
That is a very nice view. Happy Thanksgiving.
Beautiful ! Your cooking rocks, and it's something to truly be proud of . But yah, sometimes there is something to be said about not having to take the time and energy to do all that work . . . I appreciate that no stress feeling. I am thankful for our friendship all year round .
I am thankful for having the opportunity to get to know you better and I hope that we continue this process. My dream is that we get to meet face-to-face someday soon
That is a beautiful picture that you took. At least you did not have to cook.
@vandana7 (92677)
Cooking is fun at times, a chore to be done at other times...wonder if everybody feels that way.
I fully agree that it looks like a sunset over a body of water, beautiful. Most of the time when we eat outside I do not fully like what I order and every time my husband says "what you make tastes better". I know, but sometimes it's nice not to have to cook, to sit down, be served and no kitchen to clean after the meal.
@yoalldudes (33055)
That is such an awesome compliment from your husbannd.
@yoalldudes I know that he says what he thinks, he is not at all a diplomat or someone who lies.
@aninditasen (11267)
• Raurkela, India
That's the lovely sunset of your city. Happy Thanksgiving day. Hope you enjoyed your dinner.
Happy Thanksgiving, Coralita. My daughters do not remember my birthday or Mother´s Day either and Claudia invites me for Christmas because I´m the lady who picks up the wrapping papers from the floor. But when I really need them, they are there. That´s all I can expect from them. As for cooking, last week when I was at Dixie´s, she took me with her Peruvian cousins to Valparaiso and to the best restaurant there. Good but I could have done as well and for a 10th of the money she spent. And then, her Peruvian cousins treated us to the best Chilean restaurant. I could only eat one empanada and wished that we would not have more restaurant eating for some time. Just like you do, I prefer to cook my own meals and eat less.
@vandana7 (92677)
Love you. Hugs....
I don't think I would put my body through a cooking event for the holiday. I enjoy what my neighbor brings me.
Lovely scene
@Deepizzaguy (74964)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Thanksgiving at my home was a normal day enjoying quality time together seeing the sports shows as well as the mystery shows on television without a turkey since before the oven that was not working began to work yesterday after one of my relatives did some repair work on a short circuit problem that plagued the appliances in the kitchen like the microwave and other appliances that were not working.
Did you finally get the appliances to work?
@Deepizzaguy (74964)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@TheSojourner Yes after the fuses were changed inside the house, the oven and the other appliances came back to work.
@RubyHawk (77832)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving dinner and didn't have to cook. It's a beautiful picture.
It was fine that I didn't have to cook and clean!! Thanks for the compliment on the photo.
@RubyHawk There were some other cloud shots I took that were interesting. I should share them here.
@RubyHawk (77832)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@TheSojourner you're welcome, It's a nice picture. I love taking pictures.
@yoalldudes (33055)
I'm happy you had a nice Thanksgiving day with RGD. And yes those are the conveniences of eating out.
@MarieCoyle (9605)
I am glad you and RGD had a good dinner, what an awesome price that was! And I am sorry you didn't hear from your girl. I know that hurts your heart. I do know what you mean about enjoying your own cooking as I enjoy mine. In the last year I think I have made more new recipes and experimented even more than I ever have, and I have always been one of those throw together scratch cooks anyway. Baking, I need recipes unless it's something I've made enough to know it, but mostly for baked things I rarely cook, I need the recipe. Homemade food is just so good!