Henry Went For A Walk Today

I do not have a stroller, and I did not put the harness and leash on him, but today, I took Henry for a mile-long walk. It was time for his shots, so I took him to a decades-old veterinary practice in the village. I am not sure how old the practice is, but the current doctor is the son of the original. That man was born in 1914, married in 1941, and raised his children here, so I guess this practice is close to eighty years old. I like that. Since moving to New York, both of Henry's vets have been Ivy League trained. Why can't I have that kind of luck finding doctors for myself?
@popciclecold (31155)
I bet he enjoyed that.
I would say yes and no. He enjoys going outside, but I had not taken him further than our yard since moving here. He was quiet the whole walk, and for a few minutes in the vet's waiting room. Then, when a dog began crying out in the back room, Henry started calmly talking to me. He seemed concerned about the dog, but was otherwise calm. There were black squirrels running all over the place as we walked. I'm sure Henry enjoyed watching them.
@Chellezhere Good for Henry. I love cat stories.
@popciclecold He's quiet today - so much so, he hasn't even asked me to go outside. That is normal for him the day after shots he gets his shots, or his flea medication, though.
@LindaOHio (115258)
It's nice that you and Henry go for walks together. I'm glad you have a good vet. Yes, it's hard to find a good doctor that you like.
Most of my doctors are okay. I'm just wonder how my cat ends up with an Ivy League trained doctor and I don't.
@LindaOHio (115258)
@Chellezhere I guess Henry is very special! ... but so are you!
@LindaOHio, thank you. I guess these Ivy League trained doctors are God's gift to me for being so good to Henry.
@yanzalong (18861)
I see some people go for a walk with their pets, usually dogs. However, I never see them going with their cats.
I walk him on his leash out in the yard almost every day.
Did Henry enjoy the long walk? My cat likes short walks, but he does not like to get too far from the house.
@Chellezhere Your Henry is a sweet cat.
I assume so. He was quiet. He was also quiet at the doctor's, but did softly meow to me a few times when a sick dog was whimpering in the back room.
@wolfgirl569 (69415)
• Marion, Ohio
I miss my old vet. He finally retired at 80 plus years old. Not as real thrilled with the one I have now.
My favorite ophthalmologist was 85 when I first went to him. I miss him, too.
@Dena91 (17931)
I like when doctors are established well in an area. We have a couple around here where the sons took over from the fathers when the fathers retired. Eye doctors and dentists. I'm glad Henry got to go on an adventure with you.
He's been sleeping most of the day since we got home, but that was to be expected after three shots. He goes back in a few weeks for a booster.
@RebeccasFarm (84870)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I know right Chelle? haha I know wouldn't it be nice to have that sort of doc for us?
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@Chellezhere Yes I understand..It is very difficult to find them around here too
@RebeccasFarm You know it's Medicare open enrollment time. I have added Part C and also need a primary who practices closer to where I live now. No provider is accepting new patients.
Yes. I know they are out there somewhere, but I am not finding them as easily when I look for a doctor for me as I have stumbled upon them while looking for a doctor for Henry.
Did you carry Henry. How did you take him for the mile walk.
He was in his carrier.
• Rockingham, Australia
I've never been sure what 'Ivy League' means exactly. Is it that they've been trained at one of the better institutions?
• Rockingham, Australia
@Chellezhere Thanks for the link. It's more or less what I thought it would be.
@JudyEv You're welcome, and I am glad you found it helpful. Also, thank you for never disputing word definitions. I was just on a North American Ukrainian group page on Facebook, where Canadians tried to argue with me about whether a toboggan is a sled or a hat. They only know it as a sled. That is all I knew until I moved to a southern state and was told a toboggan was a hat. I explained this to these women - complete with a link explaining both definitions exist, and they still told me I was wrong about it being a hat. I am an American who majored in English language and literature. I think I know a good many English words and their definitions.
This might explain it to you.
https://www.niche.com/blog/what-is-an-ivy-league-school/