This Morning, I Hung a U-Turn

@kobesbuddy (160268)
East Tawas, Michigan
The traffic was thick this morning, as it is every Christmas shopping season. I needed to pull out of a parking lot. When the traffic was clear one direction, the light on the next street changed, bringing about twenty vehicles from the other way. I finally got sick of it and my impaired mind directed me to pull into the turning lane, then hang a U-turn. Did I almost cause a car accident? No. Did other drivers get upset about this insanity? I don't know and I really couldn't care less. I made it home safely, without running over someone else. From today forward, Jay has inherited the privilege of bucking the Christmas holiday traffic.
@RebeccasFarm (84028)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Yeah no thanks not me..I would be finished driving at all.
@kobesbuddy (160268)
• East Tawas, Michigan
One direction the traffic was clear, so that's where I drove. No cars were coming.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@kobesbuddy I applaud you for getting away and also glad you did
@kobesbuddy (160268)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@RebeccasFarm I won't go out into that rat race again, until Christmas is over.
• Rockingham, Australia
Someone towing a trailer and with three kids in the back crossed in front of us and we really had to brake hard to avoid running into him. People really get impatient sometimes.
@kobesbuddy (160268)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I almost had a car accident this past week, it frightened me!
• Rockingham, Australia
@kobesbuddy I read about it. Very scary.
You need to be careful out there! If you don't need to go out in the shopping morass, you probably shouldnt.
@kobesbuddy (160268)
• East Tawas, Michigan
You are absolutely right, it's not safe driving out in that holiday traffic! I'm staying home, until after Christmas, unless Jay wants to drive.
@Tina30219 (80470)
• Onaway, Michigan
Glad you made it home safely
@Tina30219 (80470)
• Onaway, Michigan
@kobesbuddy I guess you have to if you want to make it anywhere but do it safely
@LindaOHio (114862)
It can be a madhouse out there during Christmas shopping. Glad you made it home safe and sound.
@kobesbuddy (160268)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I was so frustrated, trying to get out of a parking lot. This wasn't a normal reaction, I usually just wait.