Farewell November

I for one, will be glad tomorrow morning to change the calendar to December. This has been a difficult month for me. With the exception of a few days, I have been sick for the majority of the month. I am still ill. Tomorrow we will begin a new month, December, the last month of the calendar year. I look forward to celebrating Christmas, and all of the joys that it brings. This will be the very first Christmas for Willow and Harper. They will not fully understand the entire concept, that takes many years to understand. We have a large extended family Christmas party this coming Saturday. There are usually around 80 of us at it. We rent a hall, and it is always alot of fun. This year we are not able to go. My doctor has advised me against going into crowds and never going without my mask in public. There is a big turkey dinner served at our gathering, going without masks happens while we eat. I feel badly that I cannot go, but it is just a few hours out of my life in order to extend my life. We have had 2 family members pass during the past year. As a result my hubs is not too keen on going to the gathering. His heart needs some more time to heal. So, farewell November, and welcome December all shiny and bright.
@kobesbuddy (144427)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I have a cough that won't go away. What is wrong? I'm still wondering. Willow and Harper will love the Christmas lights, that's wonderful! I am still praying for you and your family, Julia:)
@kobesbuddy (144427)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@spiderdust Since we closed the windows and turned on the furnace. I have many allergies, especially to house dust.
@spiderdust (13890)
• San Jose, California
@kobesbuddy Oh, gotcha. I know there's a lot of RSV around right now and it's really contagious.
@spiderdust (13890)
• San Jose, California
How long have you had the cough?
Harper and Willow will be in awe of all the Christmas happenings even if they don't quite understand. By next year they'll be all excited for Christmas. It's sad you aren't going to the big family party but you're smart to stay home and not put yourself at risk for more health issues. Your pneumonia really knocked you off your game and you really need to get better. Hope December brings you good health and is shiny and bright as you said
They might be more into unwrapping their birthday gifts at the end of January after getting a taste of it this month. This lower respiratory infection is just knocking my socks off of me. Hopefully I will turn the corner soon. I miss living life.
@Marilynda1225 I have to get over this, I just must. Today our son and his family took a 4 hour drive to Toronto. His company is putting them up in a posh hotel and he will work from the office the rest of the week. They will be treated as the department has extra funding this year to splurge on the employees. I don't know how Klaudia will get along while he is working with 2 little busy baby girls in a big city like that. I don't know if she will take the big double wide stroller on the subway or not.
@Juliaacv I think this year your son and daughter in law will have all the fun just watching them be mesmerized by all the lights, gifts etc. I hope you can kick that resp infection. At least you've been able to do computer work
@RebeccasFarm (84649)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
You are cheery about it Julia. I am sorry to know you cannot attend. How disappointing. But yes your health dictates. A lovely photo there now. Will you son and wife go no? I am so sorry you are not well yet. Me too.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@Juliaacv Yes they will go then. I am so sorry Julia ..I wish you could kick that chest cough. I know it is horrible. And scary. Yes I love Vicks. I also have a Vicks inhaler too.
@RebeccasFarm I love the warmth that it brings to me when I rub it on.
I feel that when I put Vicks on my chest at night I have a better sleep. It clears my airways and at least I can sleep without coughing up a lung. Our son and his family will go to the family party, that is their decision to make.
@TheSojourner (62717)
How lovely December and Christmas will be with the twins. They will enjoy the new experience, though not fully understanding. I do hope that December brings a month of good health for you. You are wise to decline the invitation of the family get-together. It's just not worth it, Julia. *hugs and much love* I love the family photo. It's always nice to see those we hear so much about.
@Juliaacv It seems like just yesterday that they were born! And yes....youth is much kinder in so many ways. LOL
@TheSojourner There is a reason why some people have multiple births and others, like me, have singles.
Thanks for your kind words and support. I have never been this sick for this long. I cannot walk more than a couple of feet without having to stop and catch my breath, I would not want anyone, even my in-laws, to see me like this. Today our son and his wife and the twins left for Toronto, which is about 4 hours away. His workplace has extra funds and is putting the staff up in a nice hotel (as well as their families) and he will work from the physical office the rest of this week. His wife and the twins are along for the shopping aspect. I cannot imagine how she will do it with 2 17 pound children alone during the day while he is working. She is much younger and more adventurous than I am. Harper and Willow are both very mobile as of late, Harper may be walking by Christmas. Their birthday isn't until Jan 30th.
The twins cannot yet understand what Christmas is but they will enjoy the lights, the atmosphere, opening the gifts and seeing the family around them happy. You took the right decision not to go, you can gather again next year and the twins will also join, it's a lot better than taking risk. Nice photo, did you celebrate the Epiphany?
I am relieved that we have learnt so much about spreading germs over the past couple of years. That helps make this decision easier. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Epiphany also known as Little Christmas and occurs shortly after December 25th? I remember that my Gramma passed away on January 4th one year, and that was Epiphany. She was going to remove her Christmas decorations just a day later.
@Juliaacv - We have learnt a lot about germs and we know how better to protect us now. The Epiphany comes 12 days after Christmas on January 6th. The famous song "12 days of Christmas refers exactly to the 12 days going from Christmas to the Epiphany (also know as The Three King Feast). I thought you were celebrating Epiphany because we wear crown on that day.
@Juliaacv We celebrate the Feast of the Holy Family the Sunday after Christmas, that is different from Epiphany. The feast , is in honour of Jesus, his mother, and his legal father, Saint Joseph, as a family.
@oahuwriter (28292)
Yes, best now, not to go to the big party.
I have to heal from this, it has been going on for too long.
@oahuwriter Last Friday he told me that it could hold on for up to 4 weeks.
@oahuwriter (28292)
@Juliaacv What does your doctor say about it? I hope you get back to normal, again, real soon.
Healing both physically and emotionally is important. I am glad you are choosing to take care of your health.
Yes, he needs time to heal emotionally, and I am taking yet another sick day. I have to get over this.
@Treborika (5600)
• Mombasa, Kenya
Quite a good decision to make
I love the crowns. Life has permanently changed. We just have to think of new ways to make memories. You are in my prayers for a healing. I know that you are tired of being ill.
@Juliaacv I’m so glad that he woke you.
@Tampa_girl7 It was a really strange feeling, I was already starting to disconnect from my body. He told me that he had a really hard time waking me.
I did not even see November whizz by, I hope you will have a wonderful holiday month and that you will be feeling a lot better, Many blessings to you,
Thank you, I hope that your December is amazing in every way possible.
I'm sorry you're still ill and can't go to the family party. I'm sorry for the loss in your family. Healing takes time. Yes, welcome December. Now, for some snow.
Thank you, this will surely be our year of healing.
@just4him You are welcome, I am glad that it arrived so early, I just mailed it last week.
@Juliaacv Yes, it will. Thank you for the Christmas card.
I'm in public most days and I pray to stay healthy. I hope you get well J20T
I hope that your health maintains also. I am getting depressed fighting this for so long and then getting another infection after the pneumonia.
@andriaperry Thanks, I feel more like a loser lately, this infection is kicking my butt Ang.
@Juliaacv it's all going to be okay, you're a fighter.
@LindaOHio (114177)
I'm sorry you won't be able to attend the gathering; but it's better that you don't expose yourself to risk. Hoping that you feel stronger every day. Harper and Willow will enjoy the twinkling lights and all the bright wrapping paper. Who is in the picture?
No, I cannot go, I am taking a sick day today from work. I am just not well enough to do my job. That is my hubs, son and daughter-in-law in the picture, taken at our dining room table a few years ago at Christmas, pre Willow and Harper days.
@LindaOHio Thanks.
@LindaOHio (114177)
@Juliaacv I'm sorry you're not well enough to go to work. Love the crowns in the picture!
@CarolDM (201247)
All ready for a new month I see. Love seeing your family. You are very blessed as you already know. Thoughts are with your husband too.
Thank you, family and close, trusted friends, such as yourself are what gets me out of bed in the mornings.
@CarolDM (201247)
@Juliaacv You are much too kind. Back to you as well.
@Treborika (5600)
• Mombasa, Kenya
I too had a bad experience on November. I hope this December would be a relief to me
I am sorry, I hope this month is an improvement for you.
@Treborika (5600)
• Mombasa, Kenya
@Juliaacv Yes, let's hope it goes well till the end
Poor Julia, I know November has not been a good month for you. I sincerely hope your December is better and that Santa treats you right. I think your doctor is right about the gathering. Maybe though, you could have someone record it for you, so you can feel like you are "there so to speak."Are you making progress with the illness?
Thanks, they will probably facetime with us from the gathering. That is what we have done in the past when we had a member of the family in hospice that couldn't attend. Today I feel a little better, I still struggle to catch my breath, but my voice is stronger, so that is a plus.
@dodo19 (46674)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's hard to believe that tomorrow is the first day of December. It's gone by pretty quickly.
It is hard to believe that tomorrow is December, time to get these last gifts bought.
Maybe next year things will be much better for all of you and then you can kick up your heels and party with the rest of your family. This will be a fantastic Christmas season for you, I'm sure the little ones will be fascinated by all the boxes and wrapping paper, that's how my nephews were when they were that young.
Next year they will be a little more knowledgeable about the presents and unwrapping them. Their first birthday is on Jan 30th, so with Christmas just a month before I think that will give them a good idea of unwrapping things. We have a niece getting married next year, I will see the family then.
I sure hope that December will be better for you.
Thank you, I hope so too. I will stay home and hopefully that will help booster my strength.
@wolfgirl569 (69685)
• Marion, Ohio
Sorry you cant go but it is safer. Hoping December treats you better.
Thank you, I have to get over this, I am growing weaker every week that passes.
• Rockingham, Australia
While it's disappointing to miss the celebration, I think it is a very wise move on your part. The last thing you need is more illness.
His older 2 sisters text him every day since they have returned home from their 7 week cruise. They are both retired nurses, and they have a better understanding of how compromised my immune system is and how paramount it is for me to stay home for right now. You would love the trip that his sisters and their hubbies took. They left from Florida in early October, and cruised up along the eastern seaboard of the US and then across the Atlantic and stayed in Portugal. They told my hubs that it was the best trip that the 4 of them have ever taken.
• Rockingham, Australia
@Juliaacv That does sound an amazing trip. I'd like to do another cruise one day.