Grocery Delivery And Pick-up Service Failure

I placed an order through Instacart today, as I have been doing since 2018. Aside from Postmates delivering the order for my mother's memorial service two days later (she died in 2021, and Walmart's delivery service was wonky then), I have not had issues with these companies until now. According to the app, the driver was 0 miles away, yet no one had pulled up out front, and my purchase was nowhere, so I texted her. She said she left it by my door, but, again, nothing was there, so I texted back. She then sent me a picture of my order far away from mine and the office door. I live two doors down from the office. She placed it on the opposite side of the complex, but I could not tell where. I was in a t-shirt and shorts, livid, cursing, and stomping my way in the rain through the wet grass, looking for my order, when I heard a woman's voice. It was the Instacart driver, hollering, "are you the one who ordered Instacart?" She claimed the app said to leave it there, but I have ordered from Instacart enough to know that is not true. The directions I placed on my account also led right to my door, and all other Instacart drivers knocked on my door. My guess is this one is quietly quitting. Regardless, she is getting a negative review.
It seems that in spite of the many things that you can write down, some people don´t follow orders. I have always written down that I will open the garage door as that has a roof. But some people will call me that they are there (in my gate) while I´m looking at them from the other door. JEEEZZZ!!!
Don't I know it! Uber and Lyft drivers will call and tell us they are here where they clearly are not. Those are the ones who ignore directions and pull into the ambulance squad's parking lot instead of into our driveway. My complex is behind the ambulance station, not within it.
@Chellezhere I will not pay for things not delivered. But then, there are some things that escape me. I have stopped buying son fresh veggies because they bring me such desastrous vegatables that I threw them immediatly to the garbage can.
@marguicha I am the same way.
@magallon (19342)
They are in a hurry and not reading the address carefully.
This is an apartment complex. All units have the same address, and she was told which door to go to, but she chose to ignore the directions.
@magallon It is not good at all.
@magallon (19342)
@Chellezhere that is not a good customer service.
@wolfgirl569 (69741)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you got your order at least
I am too. I am also glad I found it in time for there not to be too much rainwater all over it.
That is terrible service, but glad you got your order. I stopped using Instacart because it got to be so expensive, I order from Walmart directly, but now a lot of the time the store is out of a lot of things.
@Chellezhere unfortunately I have no choice because I cannot afford Instacart and other supermarkets go through them too but Walmart delivers straight if anything changes I will change
@RasmaSandra In 2021, Walmart was using Postmates as their delivery people.
@Ronrybs (16427)
• London, England
Not helpful, but I do have some sympathy for the drivers as they are given very strict timetables to stick to, at least over here
I am sure that is the same here, but common sense (which we all have, but deny exists in others), dictates that if you pull up to a complex, and don't know which door to go to, call the customer and ask.
@LindaOHio (113624)
We had a delivery driver leave an expensive piece of technology in a snow drift in the front yard, 100 feet from the door.
Geez! That was one lazy driver.
@LindaOHio (113624)
@Chellezhere That's for sure! I complained about that one.
@LindaOHio I can’t blame you. I would’ve definitely complained.
@Jenaisle (7385)
That's bad customer service. I guess the person had some gripes with her company? It's good you were able to trace it anyhow. Can you report her to the company for her mistake?
Yes, I am reporting her to the company.
@sallypup (52825)
• Centralia, Washington
I would have been angry, too. I'm glad you figured out what was going on.
Some even pull up to the side of the complex and call because they can't find my apartment that I have already told them is by the front office. How people don't know "Old Glory" is usually flying in front of apartment building offices is beyond me.