Phobia

@Isha13 (1618)
I am very scared of dark earlier i used to think it is just normal as days passed later i came to know that i have a phobia of darkness every night i am the last person to switch off the light and go to bed. i some how quickly turn off the light and run away to my bed..now a days before turning off the light i switch on the mobile flash light than i feel better. i can't find peace in darkness...what you people think is it normal do you have kind of phobia
@quantum2020 (11729)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
My phobia is the open sea- I don´t imagine myself being far away from the coast in the open sea. That scares me a lot
I'm afraid of heights.
I am mortified of snakes
I too but when I was in Kerala, India. I used to cut through jungles and no snakes would come near me. They too are scared of us.
@jamesnitp0 I would not know about that.
Lots of people are afraid of the dark.
@magallon (19343)
I am afraid of the dark too but it is normal for us to feel that way because of the things that we associate with darkness. It is just considered as fear because it is normally felt by people. Phobia is an irrational fear. Unexplainable that you tremble or sweat too much, even if it is just a thought of darkness.
@aninditasen (12499)
• Raurkela, India
It's a kind of phobia. It's better to sleep in a dark room. You can light a torch or mobile flashlight before going to bed.
@frinces (433)
It is normal in most people but there are some who are not afraid of the dark. If it is outside the house, it is for sure that you will experience fear and goosebumps. There are many bad things happening in the dark. If it is inside the house, it should be safe and it is normal not to be afraid.
@popciclecold (31016)
No. But lot of people are afraid of the dark.
I was terrified of it until about my adult years. I would lay under the covers with a stuffed animal on either side of me and stare at the walls and closet for hours sweating and absolutely terrified. When it started to get light out then I could finally fall asleep.
@mythociate (21528)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
What do you think the darkness hides? "... the deep, lovely dark; we'd never see the stars without it."
Your browser isn’t supported anymore. Update it to get the best YouTube experience and our latest features. Learn moreRemind me later
@RebeccasFarm (84029)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I used to have that more as well, so I understand it. As I got older, the fear went away. Can you have a plug in night light in your bedroom?
• Israel
Yes, it is a phobia, but if it doesn't bother you too much, then maybe put a night light in your bedroom so you have a bit of light. Many kids have this in their rooms. It also helps if you have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, you can see and not trip. Good luck!
• Israel
My mother has a night light in her bedroom because she gets up at least 3 times a night to go to the bathroom. . . She needs to see where the door is. Maybe she has a phobia too, but is being quiet about it. So I say not to worry and do what you need to do to be comfortable.
My phobia has overcome me and I have been negative a lot of times in the recent past.
@Isha13 (1618)
@jamesnitp0 its good that you recover