The Gathering of the Clouds on a Spooky December Afternoon

a few images from today
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I must say I had a grand time walking this afternoon. The sky was closing in and the temperature started to drop. I must try to walk at that time again if I can. I stopped at a little wood forest place and it was dead spooky looking. Though by the looks of the sky, there may some snow coming? I will try not to let that stop me. I have my trusty boots and coat and hat and gloves. And anyway, when I am walking and enjoying the scenery, I can become quite hot even in the cold weather, so start stripping off bits and pieces. I hate to be bundled up like that. I like to be free of encumbarance. Do you feel comfortable all bundled up or are you a minimum clothes wearing person?
@jobelbojel (34925)
That's a spooky afternoon. Looks like there is an approaching rain or snow.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Yes I thought so Bojel, yet nothing yet and it is now 7:15PM.
Amazing sky photos, You want spooky. You reminded me of a lot of walks we took in the woods in Latvia. The shadows sometimes seemed to move oddly and one time we actually came across a grave someone had set up in the forest. I kid you not.We had no idea if a human or animal had been buried.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Now that is very spooky too Sandra. And Latvia so old and ancient you know. I believe you.
@popciclecold (31156)
I tip my hat to you, no walking if looking like snow. I'd be inside. Yes. The sky looks spooky.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
And I tip my hat to you too Popsicle. I would wave and stop to say hello in front of your house while you were safe inside
@RebeccasFarm Lol. A good one.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
When I go out I bundle up. I wonder when cold weather will come here, it has been damp alot, but not necessarily cold. I noticed that my leather gloves are looking like they have seen better days. I replaced my winter coat last year and I think that it is time to see if I can find a new pair of gloves. Those pieces of clothing are worn from November until at least March for me, so they wear out earlier then my boots.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@Juliaacv Yes I know what you mean.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Oh yes, you must bundle up Julia. I hope you will find some nice gloves now.
@RebeccasFarm Thank you, I should try to find time to shop for them this month as they bring out the spring stuff so very quickly once the New year begins.
I went out this morning and I had my boots, the coat, no hat and gloves because I never wear those. I hate to be so covered, but this morning was really cold.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Yes I do too Anna, as you know I like to be free
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@LadyDuck I love winter, I just dont like so many clothes..but here in Colorado Anna, the sun is a very high factor..it comes out a lot in winter, so it even gets hot lol
@RebeccasFarm Same as you, I hate winter because we have to put on so many clothing to go out.
@CarolDM (202016)
I love the cold weather and like being bundled up. Love your photos too. Stay warm.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Am fine here today Carol thanks..glad you liked the photos
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@CarolDM Yours too, you too Carol take care xo
@CarolDM (202016)
@RebeccasFarm Always enjoy your photos. Take care.
I like to look at the clouds too. I usually say less is more in terms of clothes, but I try to hit the happy medium between being too cold and too warm.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Glad you knew what I meant Snowy. Clothes..I cant stand them lol
I never encounter that situation where I have to bundle up as you call it. The weather is cool heer at the moment and I do not even have a sweater on.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Yes cool but not cold
I like the pictures of those clouds. I am always taking pictures of the sky.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I noticed and I love them Judy.
• Rockingham, Australia
Sometimes it's good to be out in the elements as long as it's not too rough.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Oh yes it was lovely and refreshing Judy.
@Beestring (9816)
You are a determined person. I would hesitate to walk if I think heavy rain is coming. I bundle up these days when I go out.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Whatever suits your person M.