Back after a brief hiatus! Some extra good news to share about me!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Good morning! I went away from myLot for a brief time, but I am back almost every day for hopefully as long as possible! My psychiatrist would not give me different medicine for my anxiety; he suggested therapy but did nothing to help. But on the way up the hill to my house, some time ago, I noticed a sign at a Church that was my grandparents' Church. They provide Christian counseling. I thought that would be great. I could walk by myself to it. It is just on the street below my hill! They didn't have anybody there who could take me and who took my insurance. However, if i could get a ride, there was one across the river who took my insurance. She has a waiting list, but I am the only one on it. The man I talked to was so kind and gentle, making me feel at ease and as if they would take care of me well. I said I would call back after I saw if I could get a ride. I called my Uncle, who said to tell him the day, and he will take me! I called back and had a different lady who made me feel loved; she was so kind, as had the first guy! The second woman told me Lisa, the name of my new counselor, would help me get to sleep every night and make me better. She said it with such compassion that I feel good about going into Christian counseling with this group! I decided I wanted to start a blog to keep my mind busy, and have written down some websites about the best blog platforms last night, then realized it was 5 in the evening, and I planned to go to bed by five last night. So, shut down my laptop and went to bed a little later. I feel so much at ease I will be under the good hands of Lisa that I fell asleep right away and only got up once until 3:31 a.m.! I was only up a half hour at the time I got up! I will also review books for an official site and maybe for Goodreads. I want to keep my mind occupied. Has anything good happened to you lately? Do you have a blog? If you do, what platform do you use, and what made you choose it?
@kobesbuddy (131925)
• East Tawas, Michigan
This is the best news I've heard in a very long time! Lisa will be a name you won't forget. Now, you have two Lisas who will gladly pour out God's love on Jennifer! Isn't God wonderful? He has wonderful people stationed everywhere, even in your very own neighborhood:)
Yes, I feel good knowing I have two Lisas who will care about me! I caught that right away! God is wonderful. I felt His love through both people I talked to on the phone. I wanted somebody in my neighborhood, but God has a plan, and there is a reason the two people on the street below me don't take my insurance. Speaking of Lisa being my therapist, my psychiatrist, who I think cares more about me than any other psychiatrist I ever had, even if he didn't help me get into counseling, is named Paul (everybody calls him by his first name at his office,) and my sister's husband is named Paul!
@kobesbuddy (131925)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Marty1 You have Paul's and Lisa's sent from God, to help you at every turn:) The Lord loves you Jennifer, it's his desire that you receive the best care possible! I read material by Joyce Meyer, she thought nobody loved her, there was no hope for her life:( Now, look at what God has done for her, she has a wonderful ministry in the world! And the Lord loves you just as much as he loves Joyce Meyer, don't ever forget this fact
@kobesbuddy Yes, Paul has helped me a lot; he is the only psychiatrist I ever had that doesn't ask me how I am doing and then tells me they will see me in so many months as all my others did. I love Joyce Meyer and just checked out an audiobook from her from the e-library called "Worry Free Living" the subtitle is Trading anxiety for peace. I will start listening to it at dinner since I have already had lunch. Joyce Meyer does a lot of great in the world with her ministry. I also like Joel Osteen. Do you know or like him? love you
I am so glad Jennifer. It seems you have found very good people ready to listen to you and to help. This is a wonderful news, just before Christmas.
@Marty1 I am so glad Jennifer. I often have weird dreams, but I am glad to dream.
@LadyDuck I usually don't sleep long enough to dream. Most nights, I sleep for two hours, am up for four to six, then go back for two more. I am glad to dream, too!
Thank you! Yes, just before Christmas, it is like a gift. I finally slept last night but was filled with vivid dreams and nightmares. I hadn't slept long enough to dream in over a year. I felt rested when I awakened, which is unusual even when I slept other nights before yesterday.
@RebeccasFarm (84735)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Oh I am so happy for you my friend!!! You amaze me at how you are so resourceful and take good care of yourself and now have good people to support you!! I do not have a blog but if you put your new blog in your profile description here, I will read it gladly Anything good for me..well let's see..I got to move out of that dump I lived in in September of this year.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@Marty1 Yes thank you so much Jennifer..thrilled for you
Thank you, friend I didn't realize how resourceful I was as I just recently realized I would need somebody; before yesterday, I counted on my sister. Nobody was doing anything to get me one. I had to do it myself out of necessity! Yes, I will have support as l will have a kind counselor who will help me feel better, according to the lady I talked to on the phone! Thank you for considering reading my blog! Glad you were able to move!
@RebeccasFarm Thank you! I have high hopes for this therapy! Have a super rest of the day,, and don't forget to smile!
• Rockingham, Australia
That sounds really wonderful. Things sometimes turn out really well.
It does sound fantastic. The people seem to be so caring. I think my psychiatrist not wanting to change my anxiety medicine was for a reason, or I would have never thought to remember the counselors i saw on the street below me. But sadly, I can't go to that office, but I can go to another counselor in their organization.
@LindaOHio (113577)
It sounds like this counseling will be a really good thing for you. Keep us posted!!! I used to have a blog on Bloggers. I ended up paying $12 per year to get my own website; but you can get one for free if you use the Bloggers name. Good luck and have a great weekend.
I think so, too! So far, I have not received a call that Lisa has an opening. I will keep you posted! Do you still have the website? I would love to visit it! Not sure which blog platform I will use. It has to be free; I know that. I haven't had time to read them yet, but I wrote down the websites of articles that gave their opinion of the best free blogging platforms. Thank you for the wish of luck! Have a super weekend, and don't forget to smile!
@LindaOHio I hate to say it, but I have no blog. I was in a manic state at the time and thought i was writing reviews for Goodreads for everything i read and maintaining two blogs. I am down and in a more even mood now. i see my psychiatrist on the 28th of the month when i get my next every two-week injection. Tonight I will try Trazadone, which my psychiatrist gave me to sleep in October.
@LindaOHio (113577)
@Marty1 No, I don't have my blog anymore. Good luck finding a sponsor that you like for your blog.
@sarik1 (5969)
Glad to know. best news.
Thank you! It is the best news. I finally found somebody who cares as a counselor.
Good, I think some out of the box thinking and more physical and mental activity is what you need.
I do think it is what I need. I already get physical activity most mornings, except those mornings my blood pressure goes too low, and I have to spend the morning in bed because I am so dizzy. It is just everything else you mentioned that I need. My primary care doctor said to wait until I see my heart doctor at the end of January to see about my medicines as I am on three high blood pressure medicines, which I think must be causing it to be too low. Have a super day!
I'm happy to hear that you found a place for counseling and that you'll be able to get a ride from your uncle. What a good idea to blog about it. I don't have a blog so I can't help but I'm sure there are people here who will be able to. Wishing you good luck with your new endeavor Jen
Thank you! Yes, I found the perfect place with compassionate people for counseling. I am not blogging about my counseling experience. I am sorry; I gave the wrong impression. I have a good idea about what I want to blog, but I am debating the perfect name for it and deciding which platform I want to use! Thanks for the wish of luck! Have a super weekend, and don't forget to smile and laugh at least once daily!
• Nairobi, Kenya
Guidance and counseling session and Christian counseling are enough to do away with anxiety.
It will help because people there care about whether I get better. The kind lady on the phone told me Lisa would get me better!