What A Fantastic Day

What a fantastic day today. I have tomorrow off, so technically today is my Friday. Bonus number one. I had a meeting with my manager today. We went over my work for the past year and my stats. She gave me the amount of my raise starting in January-it is merit based. Bonus number two. She also gave me the amount of my annual raise. Again, merit based. Bonus number three. I spoke to her about possibly moving to another department. She gave me her blessing, and advised me to reach out to my former manager. Bonus number four. I am just having such a wonderful day today, and I have not even finished work yet. Anything extra special happening in your world today?
Congrats, those are super awesome perks. Now for a full 2 week paid vacation, that would really cinch it for you, right?
Oh wow, that must really be nice. I wish I could help you build up your confidence
@rebelann Thanks, but I do not take compliments well and I struggle to toot my own horn, which makes me sound ignorant, but I am not. I guess that I am my own worse enemy.
I actually enjoy 3 weeks of paid vacation. I am not looking forward to the interview process, as I do not have alot of confidence, but I will try my hardest.
@RebeccasFarm (84649)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
All of these surprises (and you worked for them and earned them) are wonderful Julia. I am so happy for you today then. Nothing special as of yet, still the day is not over. I should be walking to Walmart ..it is a long way and back..but I am unmotivated at this minute.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@Juliaacv So great he was happy too..sorry about his work is he okay?
@RebeccasFarm I think that it was just busy. I asked him if everything was alright but he has not answered me. I hope that things settled down after work was done.
Thank you. My son had a tough day at work and he told me that my news was the highlight of his day.
I can feel your joy.
Thank you, I have a long process ahead of me to get hired into that department, but I am hopeful and the other news was amazing.
@Juliaacv I’m really happy for you.
@Tampa_girl7 Thanks, I was very humbled with all of the good news.
• Rockingham, Australia
What great news for you. Well done. Are you fully over your illness now? I hope so.
@JudyEv Thanks.
Thank you. No, I am not fully recovered, but today I feel like the cough is not as deep or severe.
• Rockingham, Australia
@Juliaacv Sending prayers and positive vibes.
@Dena91 (17761)
So glad your day had been blessed. Mike and I are celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary today. That's pretty special and a blessing.
Oh my, congratulations. That is wonderful. We have been married just a few years more, life is wonderful when you have the perfect spouse.
@Dena91 Yes, and they become your world.
@Dena91 (17761)
@Juliaacv Yes, marrying the right person makes all the difference in the world.
@CarolDM (201243)
Happy to read your day is going so well. Congrats on your rase. Great news. Had to get out in the rain today. All went well.
Thank you. They changed the formula for our bonus, they used to pay out twice a year but this year it is only once. I thought perhaps twice what I used to get, but they changed the formula, so I was really unsure. My mouth gapped open when she told me what my bonus will amount to. Money is not everything, but it is good when a company recognizes such hard work and dedication.
@CarolDM (201243)
@Juliaacv I am so very happy for you. Well deserved. I know you have worked for this. It makes me very excited to know you have a boss that sees who you really are. Your dedication has proven yourself over time.
@CarolDM actually my current boss isn't as good as I had hoped she would be. My former boss is who is assisting me with my career development path, and the ability to start that is totally on me and my stats. When I told my original manager, who moved to another department about 18 months ago, told me that she would reach out to my former manager to give a reference. I have met some wonderful professional people since I've been there.
It was your day...so to speak...Congrats!! Today is a day much like any other here. I guess the best thing was the gift I sent up North showed up, and the carrier even sent a picture to me..That was interesting!
@Juliaacv It was a first for me...but nice. You can see it was really delivered.
Was he having a good hair day or do they normally send pictures like that?
All wonderful news. Congratulations on the raise and the move to another department. My good news just happened. The bank declined a charge as fraud. It was. They're closing that account and I'm getting a new card.
Thank you. I have not been accepted into the role in the other department, only picked to start a career development path to get to that department. It will be about a 2-month process. I have been working really hard for a really long time to get to this point.
@Juliaacv Good for you. I know it will happen.
A wonderful day there and for me too.
I'm glad that both of us had a remarkable day.
congrats on your achievement
Thank you very much.
@nela13 (53217)
• Portugal
Those were wonderful news for you, you surely deserve
Thank you very much.
@LindaOHio (114177)
Wow! What a day. Congratulations on all of that! It's nice to be appreciated. Enjoy your day off and your weekend. I hope you're feeling decent. Nothing happening here.
I feel a bit better this morning.
@LindaOHio (114177)
@Juliaacv I'm glad to hear that!
@Beestring (9709)
Many congrats! I'm happy for you.
Thank you, I have and will continue to, work very hard for this.
@Beestring (9709)
Glad to hear that, and congratulations on your hard work. @Juliaacv
Thank you, I will continue to work my hardest.
@popciclecold (31150)
This Day had your name all over it. Congrats on all.
I suppose so, thanks.
@kaylachan (41679)
Not really. Just a day of shopping and running around. The normal we usually do. Although George only has two shifts left before retirement.
Congratulations, that will be a big change in your world with him retiring.
So glad that you are having such a wonderful day.
Thank you, I have worked so hard to get here.
I am so glad knowing how many wonderful things happened to you that this is what made my day special.
Thank you Anna, I am so glad that it brought you up.
@wolfgirl569 (69685)
• Marion, Ohio
It was just usual here. Congrats on everything
Thanks, I have worked hard and still have alot of hard work to do before I am done.
That certainly sounds like a fantastic day Julia and I'm so happy for you. You certainly deserve your fantastic day and all that came with it. Hope your transfer to a different department goes well. Enjoy your day off tomorrow.
I have to go thru the interview process, just trying to get into this department will be at least a 2 month process. But I feel like I am ready for it.