Doctor gave me good news today

I was up this morning and at the doctor's office at 7:30 for my annual physical. At 9:00 a.m., I also had a mammogram. I am happy to report that my blood pressure was 128/82, and my weight was 208.3 lb/94.5 kg, even before my body has "moved," if you know what I mean. So, I have, indeed, lost weight while I'm on vacation. I'm looking for a good number starting my February 1st weigh-in! I have another appointment here in a couple of hours for a haircut, and I have some other things that I have to get done this weekend, so I will not be around a whole lot to answer responses and such, but I Will get to them as I can. Thank you for your patience. I hope you have a great day! Photo is mine, taken on 17 January 2023, in Centro, Mazatlan, Mexico. It is some of the artwork that was on someone's front door.
@vandana7 (93813)
Hey...Pony said you are looking ravishingly beautiful in one of the posts...
Ravishingly beautiful. I think that you said that I was ravishingly beautiful, and he just agreed with you! LOL
@vandana7 (93813)
@TheSojourner Nope...he did not say ..he agreed. He used the words. Only proves Americans either do not have as good a vocabulary as Vanny the Vampire, or...he was dumbfounded...by your beauty and stole my words. Either way....we Vampires are smart...
@FourWalls (51079)
Great news indeed! I’m at the VA and I hope I get great news as well!
I hope you got your good news! And thank you.
@FourWalls (51079)
@kobesbuddy — it’s myLot at the VA day!
@kobesbuddy (144427)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@FourWalls Jay is at the VA today, also. For his eye examination.
@kaylachan (41640)
Well I wish you the best regardless. Hoping the weekend goes well.
@kaylachan (41640)
@TheSojourner Being busy isn't a bad thing.
@kaylachan That's for sure! Keeps me off the street! *laughs*
Thank you. I have a few things I'm going to be doing, so I'm just busy. Hopefully I can relax a little bit next week, though I have a doctor's appointment with the oncologist.
I am glad the doctor made you happy. My husband scared me today, his blood pressure dropped to 88/58, I am glad he was sitting on the sofa, but he could not get up, his head was spinning. He seems fine now.
That would be very scary. RGD has always had low blood pressure, as well, I think your husband and he are so similar.
@LadyDuck what new medication did they have him on? Sounds like they may need to adjust dosage.
@TheSojourner - I agree RGD and GCC are similar. I am sure the new medication is not good for him. I told him to stop it immediately. On Monday I contact his doctor.
@aninditasen (12472)
• Raurkela, India
That's good news that your BP and weight is perfect. I had an appointment with my doctor but he didn't turn up.
He didn't show up and no one called you?
@aninditasen I'm glad you were able to get that done!
@aninditasen (12472)
• Raurkela, India
@TheSojourner No, no one called me up and I booked an appointment again today and had my routine check up.
• Semarang, Indonesia
good news. I also hope for good news here too, hopefully payday tomorrow and can send it to my family.
I wish you the best with that.
@suwardie03 yikes! That's not good.
• Semarang, Indonesia
@TheSojourner the project I'm on now has a bit of a problem. Some have not been paid for up to 4 months.
Glad all is going well since you got back.
@TheSojourner .........Remember to breath.
I just need to keep myself calm.
@celticeagle *laughs* I'm trying!
All good news . . . what a relief to hear positives about your health! Mazatlan did a lot of good .
@TheSojourner I don't know why I pictured the nurse practitioner to be tall and dressed in floral smocks . It's hard to find that perfect doctor . . . speaking of which I am on the lookout for new doctors for all of us - sigh.
@much2say It's so hard. I went through three people, before I found Dr. Gasow. Now that she's "gone," I am trying to find out if she just opened up her own new practice or what? And if she takes my medical insurances.
This is a new primary care provider for me. The one I really like left. This was the nurse practitioner. Her name is Holly Hawks! LOL I liked her, but she's not the same as the doctor I liked so much. One of the things that I told her was I felt my health was good, except for the stage four cancer!
@wolfgirl569 (69653)
• Marion, Ohio
That is great news
Maybe the trip to Mazatlan did me some good! LOL I wasn't pissed off but one time the whole time I was there! Lol
@wolfgirl569 I need to do things like that for me more often.
@wolfgirl569 (69653)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheSojourner You needed a relaxing break
I am so glad for you and very happy that you came through with flying colors, Best of luck with you weigh-in. I hope you're having a good weekend,
Thank you so much, Rasma. I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things now. And, trying to get warm with this 39F weather! Any plans for you this weekend?
@RasmaSandra The walks are nice. I need to do more of it now. What is your blog about?
@TheSojourner I have an armchair travel blog, an animal blog, and a poetry blog on WordPress. Here is a link to my poetry
https://nothingbutpoetry.wordpress.com/2023/01/18/it-was-only-yesterday/
@kobesbuddy (144427)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I'm glad your BP and weight are both excellent, you are doing a wonderful job! Your health is improving, more each week
I'm hoping so. I do have an appointment next Friday with the oncologist, we're going to get back on track with that and see what's going on.
@kobesbuddy Thank you.
@kobesbuddy (144427)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@TheSojourner You are making improvements every week, that's amazing!
@LindaOHio (114176)
That's excellent BP. I'm glad you have your physical and mammogram out of the way. I had a bone density, echocardiogram and mammogram. I still need to get my labs done; but I'm dragging my feet. I hope all your results are excellent. Great picture.
I thought they were going to do a bone density again this year, but she didn't say anything about it.
@LindaOHio I had one last year and my old provider told me she wanted to redo it this year. But maybe I should check with the new provider through the online messaging
@LindaOHio (114176)
@TheSojourner I probably won't need one for 3 years I hope.
@SonjaRae (16894)
I’m happy about the good news, my sister! Thank you for sharing your beautiful new hair cut today with me. And I love this picture of you in Mazatlan.
I didn't paint that, but that was on the door of somebody's house! It's wonderful to see the different things that people do
@SonjaRae (16894)
@TheSojourner That’s really cool.
@Kouponkaren (4653)
Good for you on your weight. I have lost weight also. I just posted about my annual physical which went fairly well. And that's a good blood pressure. Hurray for you!
Thank you so much. And I'm so glad to hear you've lost some weight. I'm sure you must feel better?
Great news indeed!
I was really surprised about the blood pressure.
@sallypup (53001)
• Centralia, Washington
Congrats to you. I love the artwork.
Thanks, hon. I LOVED it, too. I felt fortunate to run across it on one of my walks.
• Rockingham, Australia
I hope the weight loss continues. I need to schedule a mammogram within the next few weeks.
Thank you. I'm going to work at it. It's about eating cleanly and healthily. I hope your mammogram is scheduled soon.
@yesiisey (290)
I'm happy to hear it hopefully the next inspection will be even better
Thank you