I think I'm ready to go back to Mexico

I woke up this morning and it's about 36°F/2.2°C and damp. Even when it was cloudy and chilly, when I was in Mexico, it was 56°F/15.3°C!! It's nearly 8:00 a.m. and I just finished my cup of coffee, hung up the call with RGD, and now I need to take my shower, get dressed, and pack up a couple more things in the box that I'm taking to my daughter's clothing exchange event. I did find out that these clothing exchange get togethers are a thing that are happening across the country, very similar to the Buy Nothing project across the country. I really appreciate the movement and commitment to recycling, reusing, and repurposing, and donating. I do wish, however, it were a little warmer today! I may have to rethink my strategy on packing up these sweaters and coats! Photo is my own of the Mexican sunset from my trip last week.
Hard to be back to the cold after spending two weeks in a pleasant warm place. Take care Coral.
I need to get used to the cold again! I really didn't have a problem going from cold to the moderately warm. I'm glad it wasn't much hotter than that!
@LadyDuck I think you are so right!
@TheSojourner - Going from cold to warm, even hot, has never been a problem. Coming back to cold has always been a lot harder.
Don´t trade me with Mexico, Coralita! Although we could meet there someday too. It would be more expensive though. I can change my timeshare i n Aruba for an apartment in Ciudad de Mexico. It is not as beatiful as the apartment of the resort. But Ciudad de Mexico is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I went with my daughters for a week just before the pandemia for a week. It is absolutly worth it.
I think I could have stayed forever in mazatlan. I would have had to bring Cooper with me, though. One Day at A time, my dear! We will see one another again!
@TheSojourner I would love to live in Mexico! But I´d choose Ciudad de Mexico. It is the most fascinating city that I have ever come across.
@marguicha What about La Ciudad do you find so fascinating in this world?
@quantum2020 (11729)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
That is a beautiful sunset. I live in Mexico but in my part of Mexico, at present, is too cold for me. I wish I could go to any beach in Mexico and stay there for as long as the winter last here
I spent 9 days in Mazatlan. I attended an art retreat, and we stayed in the Centro area, just across the street from the Malecón. The last two days I was there, it was cloudy, but still warm. It was so beautiful. And I really enjoyed it. My friend in Chile, @marguicha, loves your city! What is the temperature there right now? You said it's quite cold.
@TheSojourner For you, it would be perfect, Coral. I checked and it it arout 53° F. Of course there is no central heating, I suppose but in Mexico, as in Chile, people have learned to wear warm clothes in winter.
@quantum2020 (11729)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
@TheSojourner The temperature ranges from 11-24 C (51-75 F) with colder temperatures during the night. I was in Mazatlan when I was a kid. That is one of the beach towns I would like to go to. @marguicha has been in the city before. She has told me that she likes to be here. She has invited me to visit Chile
@kobesbuddy (144427)
• East Tawas, Michigan
What a wonderful cause, nice clothing for those who need them.That's a lovely photo, Mexico is beautiful:)
The sun sets in Mazatlan were magnificent!
@kobesbuddy we are on a fast track to the same Hell if we're not careful
@kobesbuddy (144427)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@TheSojourner It's a shame there's so much descension and poverty in Mexico. Their government is corrupt.
@LindaOHio (114176)
I knew that you wouldn't care for the weather here once you went to Mexico! It's going to be around freezing every day this week with more white stuff on Wednesday. We have about 3-4" on the ground now. Beautiful sunset. Have fun at the exchange.
I don't know that I would like it had I gone in may. Or in the summer. It gets hotter
@LindaOHio and there's that!
@LindaOHio (114176)
@TheSojourner I think I would tolerate it just because I wouldn't have to put up with s**w and winter anymore.
@CarolDM (201158)
Such a beautiful sunset. I am happy to read you enjoyed your trip and made it back home safely. I have never visited Mexico.
I've only been to Mexico one other time, in 1977. A girl in my class, when I was in Navy radioman School in San Diego, and I went to Tijuana for about 2 hours. We went for tacos, and shopping in the little open market. It was a much different experience than what I had last week! LOL Thank you for the kind words.
@CarolDM likewise. I've missed our talks.
@CarolDM (201158)
@TheSojourner I will have to catch up on your posts soon. And you are very welcome. Good talking to you.
@patgalca (17825)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I have been home from Saint Lucia for one week. With my health issues, the salty air and heat work wonders for my pain. I wasn't hurting and was able to kayak, paddle board, ziplining, walk the full beach twice a day... No pain, and no sinus or cold like symptoms. The minute we landed back home I got a tickle in my throat. I have been exhausted since I got home. Falling asleep much earlier than usual, having trouble getting out of bed in the morning, and of course all the symptoms have returned. I wish I could live in that southern climate year round.
I like the reusing idea too. Warmer would nice. It is chilly here too.
It was like 43 here this morning - I couldn't stand it - but it's warmed up a lot since (maybe mid 60s now?). I've heard of clothing exchanges at churches and such, but I don't know anyone personally who is doing one. Ah, the Mexican sunsets (and sunrises) must've been glorious!
@FourWalls (51079)
It’s overcast and snow/rain mixing here. I’m ready to go somewhere warm! I’ve filed my taxes, and I’m getting either a week in Florida or three eggs back. That’s a gorgeous sunset.
I'm grateful for the price I'm paying for eggs at the commissary.
@wolfgirl569 (69653)
• Marion, Ohio
It will start warming up here soon. Maybe keep a couple of sweaters. Or look for new ones
• Rockingham, Australia
I belong to a Buy Nothing website and it's really marvellous although of most use to those with children.
@spiderdust (13847)
• San Jose, California
It's in the low 50s today, and I'm not thrilled about it. We've had freezing temperatures at night (which I suppose is better than getting tons of rain). I'm trying to remind myself how much I'll hate the summer temperatures that are over 100°F and appreciate the coolness today, but it's not always easy!