I blew it today, and now I feel ill

I really got off track today. In fact, I blew it royally. I sabotaged my successes. I overindulged in sugar and the forms of candy and soda pop and a total lack of food that really is good for me. I did eat some wholesome food, as I ate some breakfast of leftover rice, and some protein and vegetable. This evening I ate the remainder of my lemon chicken with vegetables. It's the in between stuff that I ate. I know better, and I'm feeling sick tonight. I ended up eating chocolate bar, smarties, lifesaver gummies, and I drank a soda pop. I'm not sure why I do this to myself sometimes. It's certainly not good for me and the condition I have. I will say, however, the soda pop that I drank was new to me. I used to love Orange crush, when I was a kid. Today, I found Crush in grapefruit flavor, and I loved it. I need to get some sleep, and wake up to a new day and start all over again with good choices. Photo is my own of the empty bottle.
@ptrikha_2 (41217)
May be you had some bad thoughts, excitement or stress of some sort. So that made you over indulge. I just hope that you would feel good soon enough. And yes, sometimes we do neglect our health but perhaps follies and repeat follies make up us humans. Don't they ??
@ptrikha_2 (41217)
@TheSojourner At times, I too feel like an Alien!! And well I have sometimes been called by other names apart from "Human"!!
@ptrikha_2 (41217)
@TheSojourner Yes and some just comments without any stories. Now when I look back at them, I am more amused than angry!
Me? Human? There have been some in my world that have told me that I'm alien to them! LOL
@Nevena83 (66166)
• Serbia
It often happens to me too. I eat healthy, and then it happens that I eat something that is not healthy.
@Nevena83 today I'm kickstarting again.
And then when I do that, then I think that I've blown it so I even overindulge. It's kind of crazy thinking.
@Nevena83 (66166)
• Serbia
@TheSojourner Yeah, that's not good thinking. They say that it is perfectly fine to relax sometimes, but that immediately after that we should continue on the right path.
I didn't know there was a grapefruit kind! I will get grossed out if I have too much sugar . . . that'll stop me eventually but then I know I gotta get it outta my system (but why did I eat all that to begin with!).
Let's just say I had three Hershey's chocolate bars yesterday.
@TheSojourner So damn good X 3 .
@much2say Yeah...*rolls eyes*
I do not know why but it happens, there are days I do not feel to eat healthy.
I'm going to do better today
@LadyDuck I don't think that's garbage food. I think that's more kid friendly! We need to go back to be kids sometimes
@TheSojourner I am going to make "garbage food" tonight, chicken nuggets and French fries, at least home made.
@LindaOHio (115172)
I occasionally will overindulge and not feel well. Just chalk it up and start over again. #### happens. We're all human. Wishing you well! I hope you feel better today.
@LindaOHio As long as I have life I can start over.
Thank you. I will try barrel through LOL
@LindaOHio (115172)
@TheSojourner I know it sucks. I've had to start over my share of times too!
@BabeSays (6773)
• Mauritius
It's so hard to eat healthy only. Whenever I'm stressed I don't know why I eat junk food and then I have to start all over again.
The good thing is is that tomorrow's a new day. I was pretty stressed today.
@BabeSays Sometimes a lot of patience and a little bit of effort!
@BabeSays (6773)
• Mauritius
@TheSojourner Stress ruins things. Anyway like you said tomorrow is a new day and we can do it. Just a little bit of patience and lots of efforts.
My husband and I have one day a month where we eat junk that is not good for us We had taco bell today and had a store brought cake. It was a good once a month treat.
There are certain things that almost immediately trigger my intestinal issues. Chocolate is one of them. So overindulging on that was just stupid to do. do hope you enjoyed your Taco Bell and your cake!
@TheSojourner We did my great grand son was here and he enjoyed his cake it was all over his one year old face.
@jstory07 those are the perfect birthdays!
I know that you will do the right thing from now on.
Thank you for your support.
@wolfgirl569 (69377)
• Marion, Ohio
Hope you feel better this morning
I'm sure it'll just take me a little while to get over and shake this feeling.
@Chellezhere (6110)
Schwan's texted me they would be in the neighborhood yesterday. I texted back that I was good, but several hours later, their driver knocked on my door and smiled. My intestinal tract was not at all pleased with me for eating all that ice cream, but it is feeling better now.
I'm glad that you are feeling better. I have never ordered from Schwann's
@TheSojourner I never did until later last year and have only ordered a few times.
@spiderdust (13824)
• San Jose, California
Sugar makes my stomach hurt too. Did the soda taste like Squirt?
I don't know that I have ever drunk a Squirt
@spiderdust I'd have to try them side by side to know the difference in taste.
@spiderdust (13824)
• San Jose, California
@TheSojourner It's another grapefruit soda. I think it might be bottled by Dr. Pepper.
@SonjaRae (16989)
Grapefruit flavored? Oooooh! I’ve never seen that. Probably a good thing too!
It was really good.
@YrNemo (20201)
I don't often drink sodas, but two-three weeks ago, to celebrate the New Year, I drank almost a litre of coca cola. I ended up staying up the whole night and didn't collapse until 3PM the next afternoon, cool heh? Hahaha, hope you wake up fine.
I don't know why we do that to ourselves! LOL
@YrNemo (20201)
@TheSojourner Who knows about the future, let be happy right at this moment when we still can...
@MarieCoyle (11477)
I have a cheat day now and then, and try not to regret it, but as my body has gotten used to me treating it better, sometimes it rebels with indigestion when I overindulge. I get mad at myself when I do that. Just hope you feel better when you wake up. I love grapefruit, but I probably drink 2 sodas a year, if that, and they are usually Sprite or 7-Up because I was sick. I don't have a problem leaving it alone but take away my coffee and you will hear me roar!! I hope you can rest. 1
I don't drink pop much at all, but this was actually tasty. The chocolate has gone to my gut and both the fat and the chocolate cause me major issues. I should know better.
@MarieCoyle I was misdiagnosed with IBS, along with a number of other things, so I know exactly what you're talking about with your family member. I hope that that member get some good relief. It's not fun.
@MarieCoyle (11477)
@TheSojourner I'm so sorry. A family member has IBS, and I know how food can set it off at times.
@JESSY3236 (17396)
I quit having soda, but I found out a Mexican drink I had bought was actually a Mexican soda. lol I have decided not to buy it anymore. I also almost bought a vanilla coke when I was going to NJ. But I stopped myself in time.
@Icydoll (31490)
I used to eat a lot of sugar candy , i slowly cutted down now i don't have sweet tooth . It's hard to control ourselves eating unhealthy foods sometimes .
This morning is a new morning. I need to just not buy it.
I think you got some emotional eating few days ago. maybe something distress you and similar to me, sometimes, we are kind of people that have to eat the food as our escape. So the solution we have realize immediately that it was wrong. And we have to go back at the right way. Its ok not to be okay sometimes, because carbohyrate specially from liquid calory could raise the serotonine hormone that could produce the happines.. The wrong its about the quantity.. eating too much will suffering our organ and finaly impact on our mental health to.. So eat everything slowly and with full awareness.. it will produce the grelin hormone to send the signal to our brain that we are full. Hopefully this sentence could motivate us in the better healthy life style