My Mother Passed Away Ten Years Ago, Today

@kobesbuddy (160443)
East Tawas, Michigan
My mother was a very ambitious, bossy lady until the day she passed away. She was in the hospital, knowing exactly what was going on. She was in good spirits. The doctor asked if she would sign a paper, allowing them to perform kidney dialysis. Without this procedure, she would pass away. Her response was, "Thanks, but no thanks. I have no desire to live any longer. My beloved husband, Russell, is waiting for me at heaven's gate. I want to go and be reunited with him:) I've lived a wonderful life, Heaven is my new home!" The doctor responded, "OK, if this is what you want, this is exactly what I will allow to happen." Then she responded, "I don't want to suffocate or to suffer with pain." The doctor answered back, "And I can honor these wishes, for you." And Mom died a painless death, with a cute smile on her face. Now she's in heaven, bossing my Dad around, I'm sure! Please, no RIP responses to this discussion. Thanks! Photo: Mom's graduation photo
@FourWalls (51040)
I’m sorry for you, but I’m happy your mom is in Heaven, where she’s whole, healed, and in the presence of her Savior!!
@kobesbuddy (160443)
• East Tawas, Michigan
At 90 years old, Mom's mind was sharp as a tack. She was an avid reader, who ate healthy foods for her entire lifetime.
@kobesbuddy (160443)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@florelway Mom was 83 years old when Dad passed away. She was a widow for seven years:)
@florelway (22303)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@kobesbuddy My mom was 86 when she passed. My dad left ahead at 68 in 1993 and my mother passed in 2012..She was a widow for a long time.
@Tina30219 (80576)
• Onaway, Michigan
I am sure your parents are having a good time being together again
@kobesbuddy (160443)
• East Tawas, Michigan
They were very close, for sixty years they shared a family life together.
My mom pretty much did the same thing. She had rectal cancer and the doctor wanted to put her on chemo which she wouldn't do. She had undergone it back when she had ovarian cancer and knew how awful it was and chose not to undergo it again.
@kobesbuddy ........That is sad but, it was her choice.
@kobesbuddy (160443)
• East Tawas, Michigan
My friend Pam was 43 years old. She refused to be on chemo a second time, for cancer. And of course, Pam passed away about one year later.
@aninditasen (12599)
• Raurkela, India
That was brave of your mother.
@LindaOHio (115172)
What a positive, wonderful woman your mother must have been. Now she is happy and pain-free with her husband, Russell.
@kobesbuddy (160443)
• East Tawas, Michigan
We were so proud of Mom, her mature attitude towards never being well again. She preferred heaven, over living a few more years in a nursing home.
@LindaOHio (115172)
@kobesbuddy I can't say that I blame her. I would want to be home, not in a nursing home.
@CarolDM (201911)
Our good memories will get us through.
@kobesbuddy (160443)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Yes, remembering that last year with my mother, it was a beautiful experience. We bonded, as best friends.
@kobesbuddy (160443)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@CarolDM All the negative memories were gone, we shared mother/daughter love. That bond is still inside of me!
@CarolDM (201911)
@kobesbuddy Good for you.
Mom knew what she wanted, and got what she wanted. That is super.
@kobesbuddy (160443)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Selfish family would want her to live longer. Mom wanted to go to heaven, that's beautiful:)
She sounds like quite a lady, I love her determination and commitment to family. I am sure that is where you get it from, as you have such a loving and tight family.
@kobesbuddy (160443)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Mom centered her entire life around family and family gatherings. She was a farm girl, they didn't leave home very often.
She knew what she wanted. I’m glad that she went peacefully.
@kobesbuddy (160443)
• East Tawas, Michigan
At 90 years old, Mom didn't want to live any longer on earth. Now, she's enjoying heaven with my father, your father and mother!
Great photo and great memories. Your mom was blessed to live so long. I had no chance to have my parents around most of my life since I was a late-in-life baby and my mom was born in 1911 and my dad in 1905 and already left me when I was ten but I always remember every birthday and light a candle,
@kobesbuddy my mom was 45 when I came along and dad 51, Being immigrants they got a lot of help with stuff from friends especially those who did not have children, It was good they were very loving.
@kobesbuddy (160443)
• East Tawas, Michigan
My mother was 29 when I was born, Dad was 38. I'm the middle child, two older sisters, a younger brother. We didn't have a lot of money, but did everything as a family.
@Shiva49 (25558)
That shows deep belief and courage. Very few people have that attitude and they leave on their terms.
@kobesbuddy (160443)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Mom knew for a fact, heaven was her permanent home. This strengthened her, to make a powerful decision.
@Nevena83 (66166)
• Serbia
Oh, sad story, but your mom showed great courage.
@kobesbuddy (160443)
• East Tawas, Michigan
At 90 years old, Mom had already lived a full, happy life. She wanted to be in heaven, I do also!
• Southend-On-Sea, England
Aww sorry to hear this.
@kobesbuddy (160443)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Mom had a good life, she wanted to go to heaven. What's wrong with that?