I am tired of all the back and forth crap.

I got another message from the housing office in Conn. I can apply for 4 locations. a $75 application fee and 2.5 times the rent in income. I called housing in their location and that is against the law. I contacted them back to ask if they could possibly let me know if I have a chance of getting in if I risk $75 knowing I can't afford it. I also explained in full detail what my situation is. I am just tired and it is getting colder. Who in the world wants to move in blizzard temps? I know it will blow here soon. I also told them housing said that is illegal to ask of me knowing I don't have it.
@CarolDM (201837)
So sorry you are having such a difficult time finding the right place. But all of this time you are spending is well worth it. You definitely want to be happy wherever you land. Too bad there are no real estate agents to help.
They can help I just have to pay a month's rent.
I hope that you find what you want. Rules are usually made for the people that will try not to pay and not for the hard working people
That will keep me out if that doesn't change. I do understand though.
@sharon6345 It is not fair
@TheSojourner (62611)
I hope that you can find something suitable soon.
It sounds like you're eligible for section 8 housing assistance, and there should be NO FRICKIN CHARGE FOR APPLYING FOR IT! The people here are all on section 8 housing assistance and we are not charged for recertifying each year. It sounds a lot like the person I dealt with last week about a Siamese kitten. I was bilked out of $10. I sent all the information to Craig's list and PayPal to get that person black listed. In your case get ahold of Social Services in Conn and see if you have to pay that fee. Then call housing again and give them the number of the place that you have been in contact with and turn the Social Services and Housing loose on them. They are busily trying to make money under the guise of application fees and extra income from the rent. I keep getting the feeling that they are trying to scam potential customers...proceed with EXTREME caution.
@dya80dya (27773)
I think you need a real estate agent.
20h
I was going to get one but the cost is high.
@Kouponkaren (4662)
Gosh, I can see why you wouldn't want to move in this climate. I wouldn't either. Will you be ab;e to find a new place when it gets a bit warmer or is this your only choice?
Yes but my fainting is getting worse so I need to be careful.
The $75 application fee might go in their pocket. That is wrong to charge that.