Not yet 10 a.m., and I haven't done this, but I have done that!

It's nearly 10 a.m. and I have not yet had a cup of coffee! BUT, I am dressed. Go figure! I did fill up the reservoir in the Keurig to brew my first cup of "joe," and I have some potatoes cooking up in a skillet for my breakfast, which I'll eat with an egg. Nothing fancy, but it will be good. It's current 42F/5C with a high of 48F/9C. It will be cloudy/partly sunny through Friday, and is supposed to start to rain on Saturday with a chance of some snow, as the temperature will dip below freezing. The following several days are forecasted to be clear and cold, and we'll be in for another deep freeze. Already this morning, I have cut, wrapped, and frozen the small pork loin roast I purchased yesterday. For $4.26 (not on sale or clearance), I bought a 2.25 lb/1 kg roast, and cut it into seven portions. I also bought a small package of the $0.99 lb pork ends'n'pieces, so I also have cut and packaged three thin boneless chops, a small bag of bones for broth, and a package of other meaty trim to make a small batch of pork adobo. I paid $1.50 for that package. I have nothing major planned today, except to do some chores around the house. I need to get to the kitchen, which needs some love. It was good, when I left for Mexico, but there are some things that need tended to from RGD's staying for a couple of days at the beginning and toward the end of the trip. I also need to get some packages out, but I'll wait until I have the couple of birthday packages prepared to mail out, and simply mail it all at once. I smell my potatoes, so it's time for me to get the egg in the skillet and eat my breakfast. Have a wonderful Wednesday, wherever you are in the world!! Photo is my own. Original artwork, "Warrior Sisters," 2019.
I could never eat potatoes and egg for breakfast. This would be lunch for me. What did you eat for lunch later? I had to look up the term 'skillet'. What is the difference between a skillet and a pan?
potatoes are common here as a side for breakfast--hash browns or home fries
As it's only 10:33 a.m., it is a late breakfast. I won't eat my next meal until between 3:30 and 5:00 p.m., though I might have a piece of fruit around 1 p.m.
@NJChicaa Goodness! I could never eat this early in the morning.
The sisters ! Potatoes and eggs sound good and filling. My meat deal shopping this morning was a bust . . . so I'll have to use what's in the freezer (which I should be doing anyway). Do you do the Mexican or Filipino adobo (you probably do both!)?
@spiderdust Wow, roasts hardly ever get reduced at our S&Fs for some reason. Yah, pork has a nice flavor different from chicken or turkey . . . what are you gonna make ?
Most of the time I do Filipino adobo.
@spiderdust (13823)
• San Jose, California
I wish you could have come shopping with me! I went to Smart & Final for milk and found a good deal on pork roast. The family will be very happy to have something this week that isn't chicken or turkey!
@wolfgirl569 (69347)
• Marion, Ohio
You had a good start to the day. Hope it continued
I went to Goodwill and picked up some books, and a couple of other xlarge jars.
@wolfgirl569 I hope it all works out!
@wolfgirl569 (69347)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheSojourner We are hopefully going to town tomorrow
• Walnut Creek, California
Did you get your coffee? It's about ten degrees F warmer down here. I cycled to get my rental truck.
I've had one cup that I brewed myself. I may go out and get a cup of coffee elsewhere, too. Did you get your rental? How long before your own truck is back up and running?
@TheHorse Do you not have towing on your insurance? Maybe you have a friend with AAA?
• Walnut Creek, California
@TheSojourner I dunno. If I can get it in gear JUST ONCE, I'll will take it to Aamco. I'd rather not pay for towing.
@LindaOHio (115151)
Love the picture. Sounds like you've been busy. Hope you have a good day.
Thank you
@SonjaRae (16989)
I love that painting! It’s US! Hope you had a good day!
I love it , too. I need to get some good photos of these, and have them printed, so that I can make some greeting cards.
@SonjaRae (16989)
@TheSojourner that sounds like a perfect idea
@kaylachan (41650)
Sounds like a productive morning. Hope the rest of the day went well.
It was okay. I went to Goodwill and picked up a couple of books.
@LeaPea2417 (35646)
• Toccoa, Georgia
It must have poured rain over night here. I woke up to the basement supump running. I usually hear downpours over night but last night I was out, I slept like a log.
I'm glad you got sleep! And I'm glad that sump pump works!
Snowing here.
brrrrr!
• Rockingham, Australia
Vince's brother is coming tomorrow to stay the night so we might have a pork roast for dinner. Pork is relatively cheap here.
Similar findings here.
@Dena91 (17923)
It's 40F here and has been raining since late last night. It is tapering off now. Thankful for that. You got a good deal on the pork loin roast. Your breakfast sounds good. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Enjoy your day, in spite of that rain!