Swan song.

@xFiacre (12594)
Ireland
So tomorrow is my swan song. I shall take my leave of a Churchful of lovely people and never see them again. It’s the culmination of 21 years of happy and sad events, births, deaths and marriages, personal difficulty and criticism, and the startling beauty and flaws of the human condition. Strangely, I feel loved. It’s not that I love them that astounds me but that they love me. And I’m nothing like them. I’m the polar opposite in upbringing, social background, education, local and national politics, interests and everything else. Except for one thing, and it puts everything else in the shade where it belongs - “there is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus”.
• Rockingham, Australia
I'm sure it was a very strange feeling to take your leave of so many who had your best interests at heart.
@xFiacre (12594)
@judyev I’m still reeling from it.
@LindaOHio (155077)
You're off to a whole new adventure. Another facet of your life. I wish you nothing but good things to come. Enjoy your day and new week!
It's their big hearts probably.
Today is your last working day, it is a very important day for you. I know you are happy to retire, but I am sure you will have an emotional moment today. What you wrote is beautiful.
I am sure it is a wonderful feeling and you'll have many memories, Made me remember that song What if God was one of us? Do you have a new church in mind where you'll live?
@1creekgirl (40347)
That transcends all the rest, doesn't it. Brothers and sisters in Christ. I know you all will miss each other.
That is beautiful.
@sallypup (57546)
• Centralia, Washington
I agree that Jesus was a Good Guy. Yayweh also. Please include ALL believers- Jewish, Buddah, yes, even Wiccan who love the Goddess in all Her lovely forms.