Remembering to forget

@xFiacre (12614)
Ireland
Tonight, from a cluttered little graveyard of regrets and remorse, I exhume a melancholy memory inlaid with semi-precious stones. When the dirt it has lain under for many a year has been brushed off it gleams with warmth and wonder like a grotesque icon kept and treasured in a Russian monastery and revered by people who travel barefoot for hundreds of miles through snow and desert to kiss it before they finally expire, and they kiss it with torn and bloodied lips. It has been claimed that this memory possesses healing properties, especially for those afflicted by emotional instability, haemorrhoids or gout, none of which I presently suffer although I have a close friend who I strongly suspect is smitten by all three. Although I doubt the efficacy of my memory’s supposed powers, of this one singular property I am certain (because I have witnessed it myself on three occasions) that it can render bagpipes mute. No matter how much a kilted Scot huffs and puffs into his bagpipes, no matter how red his cheeks turn and how explosively the veins throb in his temples, no sound will be emitted until he is at a distance of at least five versts (measured according to the Romanov standard) from this little memory and that in itself charms me. And so to the bitter sweet memory itself, but with all this precious, nauseating preambling I’ve quite forgotten what it was I was remembering. It’ll come to me later.
What came to my mind was from my favorite Scooby Doo cartoons about a ghostly bagpipe player, The episode was The Ghost of Finnyan McDuff,
• Rockingham, Australia
I wouldn't mind turning bagpipes mute from time to time.
I hope it does come to you later.
If the purpose was to forget, your precious preambling achieved its goal. I forgot what it was you had remembering.
@LindaOHio (155666)
I forgot what it was you were trying to remember. Enjoy your day and your new week.