At last, that day has come.

@xFiacre (12614)
Ireland
Last night I went to bed as a working man; this morning I awoke as a retiree. Oh joy! It’s not that I disliked my work, on the contrary, I loved it. However I don’t miss the pressure and other burdens which I am content to lay dawn. So this morning, the first day of retirement, I took a long walk along the shore and took in great gulps of sea air. I noted that the Oscar Wilde (a ferry) was docked for repairs and a re-fit. I got the front tyres of my car replaced, arranged my books in various book cases and made dinner. Oh I also bought a clothes drier, I think that was all. That was sufficient, after all I’m now officially old.
@LindaOHio (155666)
Congratulations! You will love retirement. No schedule but your own. Have a good weekend.
@lazydaizee (6734)
Congratulations on your retirement, now you can do all those things that you did not have time to do before.
Congrats on retiring. I hope you enjoy your life of leisure,
@1creekgirl (40424)
Congratulations, Fiacre! I've been retired for 20 years and I haven't regretted that decision yet.
@Dena91 (15861)
Congratulations on your retirement. Mike has been retired since August of 2014 and we have loved it. It is nice not having pressures of work everyday.
@MarieCoyle (28268)
Congratulations on your retirement! I hope you can enjoy every day to the fullest!
Are you going to take up golf? That’s what they say men do here in America when they retire. What’s the joke in your country? I’d like to wish you an official happy retirement!
@xFiacre (12614)
@ambiepam Thank you, and yes, the golf thing is a theme here too but I shudder at the thought. I’m about to start a vegetable garden and my wife has a long list of things for me to do around our new house.
@xFiacre That sounds much better than golf.
Officially old? I've been retired since 2005. I love it! Enjoyed my job too.
How do you feel as a "retired man"? I am sure you are appreciating your new condition.
• Rockingham, Australia
If I'm any judge, you'll still find yourself planning on what you'll do on the weekend, not realising you can do stuff any day of the week now.