Garden undies.

@xFiacre (12588)
Ireland
The wind in Larne blows stronger than I had previously believed. I always knew it to be a bit gusty, being a seaside town, but this is ridiculous. Our house is not in the town itself, but set on the heights looking down over the harbour and out across the sea, so we are particularly exposed to blasts of rushing wind. Fartsville I think it should be renamed. And the proof of its windiness was firmly presented to me this morning. The day began calm and benign, a stiff breeze penetrated by strong, unseasonal sunshine pouring down from a sky blown clear of clouds. An excellent day for drying clothes so a wash was done and I had it hung on the line by mid morning. Towels billowed and flapped, and as I watched from the kitchen window I witnessed next door’s rhododendron being swiftly dressed in an embarrassment of my underwear. At least it had been freshly laundered, but I obviously hadn’t tethered it adequately and it had come adrift. I retrieved everything that had broken free and admitted my need of a tumble drier and went out and bought one. It was either that or be constantly having to buy new clothes.
@LindaOHio (154836)
Birds also like to leave their droppings on freshly laundered items as well. Have a good day.
• Rockingham, Australia
That's a good reason for buying a drier. When we lived in Esperance I very quickly learnt not to leave washing on the line overnight. You never knew where it might end up.
@dfollin (24159)
Lol! Oh my! When I first saw the title of this conversation I asked myself, "What in the world?!!!!" That is funny and a clothes dryer is a great idea.
I am very thankful we have always been washer AND dryer people. Sure, it was because of allergies, but it prevented us from these situations. And, Oklahoma is nothing, if not windy.
Back in Latvia we always hung all the clothes on the line and it was lucky our house was sheltered by the two neighboring houses and we never lost laundry, However, one dark spooky night when we had got about laundry up late a sheet decided to go traveling and would up on the edge of the garden shed door. That night it looked like a ghost flapping about. I understand why you purchased the dryer but there is nothing better than freshly dried clothes from the line, I no longer have this opportunity and my friend here only has a washer for all of us to share,
@xFiacre (12588)
@rasmasandra Nothing smells better than clothes (especially bed sheets) dried on the line near rosemary and lavender bushes. My kids think it’s embarrassingly old fashioned and poor.