First class delivery service.

@xFiacre (12614)
Ireland
And while we're on the topic of parcels being delivered, and I think I might have shared this with one of you already, in my new hometown they have a very surprising way of delivering not only packages but also everyday letters. I was sitting on the sofa one day shortly after we moved into this house in this town, and I heard a noise and turned to see a man standing there with a parcel in his hand. "Parcel for Fiacre Banks" he said and handed it to me before retreating and closing the door. He had just opened my unlocked front door, walked in and delivered my package straight into my hand - there's service for you, but not really the kind of service I appreciated. What if I had been unclad? But that's waht they do in this small town where no-one locks their door and everyone knows each other.
@LindaOHio (155666)
I would have been bowled over! Have a good day.
@1creekgirl (40424)
That would be rather shocking!
That will get you shot in most of America. Not all of America, “just” most of it. Where my dad grew up, they’d help themselves to your fridge before they left.
You brought the theme song of the TV show Cheers to mind about the bar where everyone knows your name. I would hate that happening. Tonight I am awaiting a package from Amazon. The way it works here is that I keep checking where my package is and once it gets delivered usually put on my friends' who are downstairs porch I see they say it was delivered and I just march down and get my package,
• Rockingham, Australia
I'm a bit surprised he didn't at least knock.
@xFiacre (12614)
@judyev There is a knocker, there is a bell, but neither were brought into play. The outcome for the poor chap would have been different if my lady wife had been at home.
@Deepizzaguy (94320)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
It is nice to know that the delivery package driver was polite and kind to you.