A night at the theatre.

@xFiacre (12594)
Ireland
This small, provincial town to which I have moved has a theatre and a bit of an arts scene going on, and it was to this theatre that I went tonight. It's part of a leisure centre tucked in along with the swiming pool, weights room, squash courts and lot of sweaty people. It's really just a big sports hall where, on occasions such as tonight, tiered seating appears from nowhere along with a stage, and it's all very pleasing. Tonight's performance was of a play that was first performed publicly in Dublin 100 years ago this Sunday - Sean O'Casey's "Juno and the Paycock". It was most enjoyable but I would not be true to my grumpy self if I were not to highlight some of the evening's less appealing aspects. There was a faint whiff of chlorine in the air, wafting in from the swimming pool which pleased me not. And there was a lady with big hair in front of me and over to the left a bit. She did not block my view, but her Marge Simpson hairdo kept wobbling when she coughed and it was very distracting. Some of the actors delivered their lines with the most phoney of Irish accents, and when the cast took their bow at the conclusion of the play, there was one man in the line-up who had not appeared in the play - don't know what that was about. However it was delicious attending an event where there were no unappreciative teenagers playing on their phones as there usually are at the cinema. All in all a good night.
• Rockingham, Australia
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Maybe the ring-in was the director or somesuch.
@DWDavis (25812)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I was thinking the same about the extra person for the bow.
@Dena91 (15802)
I am glad you were able to go and for the most part, enjoyed yourself. Marge Simpson hairdo
@DWDavis (25812)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I easily pictured the Marge Simpson hairdo. Glad you were still able to enjoy the play.
I am glad you had an enjoyable event not disturbed by teenagers playing on their phones. This is not common.
@LindaOHio (155077)
I'm glad you had a good time. Have a great weekend.