What's Your Favorite Smell?

There are some smells I like the smell but not the actual thing, like popcorn always smells so good when it's freshly popping, but I don't really like popcorn. I do enjoy the smell and taste of coffee. I like the smell of lavender quite a bit. But I think my favorite smell, and this is going to sound so very strange, is Eucalyptus like when found in BenGay arthritis rub. I don't know if it's memories associated with the smell (My grandma always smelled like BenGay) but I do like Eucalyptus quite a bit.
I do like the smell of some pine trees. And there are perfumes I love and others I canĀ“t stand.
@porwest (81341)
Sure. Coffee ranks high for me. I like the smell of gasoline. I like the smell of bacon. Popcorn is one of those things that always smells better than it tastes. I don't think I have a favorite though.
@porwest and Butane, like the old lighters, that's a good smell.
@porwest (81341)
@LouAvul Oh. I forgot about that one. But yes. I was a constant sniffer of my Zippo back in the day. lol
@MarieCoyle (32328)
Oh, I forgot about gasoline! I love smelling it. My Dad was not a car mechanic, but he loved working on cars and was so good at it. When he did, it seemed he often smelled of gasoline, and his best ? little helper, me, thought that was such a nice smell. He's been gone many years, and when I smell gasoline I still think of Dad. Thanks, Jim.
In my early 20's I was a member of a Jack LaLane health club. It had three types of saunas and one of the moist saunas had eucalyptus scent in it. My favorite smell so far today was the fragrance the cashier at the grocery store was wearing. The lady who came up behind me commented on it and said it was Honeysuckle. I choose this checker whenever possible. She has a badge that indicates she is hearing impaired. She always wears purple and keeps her hair colored purple as well. I was said to see that she was wearing portable oxygen while working so hard.
@RebeccasFarm (87300)
I think French Vanilla is mine.
@psanasangma (7046)
Smells of Coffee in deed and Smells of books
@pitsipeahie (4587)
I love the smell of freshly baked bread, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the smell of the pages of a new book!
@abhi_bangal (4358)
• Ahmednagar, India
This is quite an interesting topic you have raised. Yes, there are smells that I like the most. As you mentioned yourself in the question above, when pop corns are getting freshly prepared, that smell is just so exciting, it makes me mad Also, the smell of biscuits being roasted. Just so out of the world.. Uumm! Making me feel hungry now
@LeaPea2417 (37063)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I like the smell of freshly baked donuts.
@wolfgirl569 (99894)
• Marion, Ohio
I love the smell of cinnamon.
• Walnut Creek, California
I'll go with pine, like how my place smells when I am making my little Christmas trees. And of course bread baking in the oven.
@LindaOHio (165892)
So many great smells. I love the smell of Jade East Aftershave...used to drive me nuts when I was dating my husband. I also love Eucalyptus, lemon, cookies baking, etc. Have a great day.
I don't have a specific aroma or perfume that I really love, but when I was a kid I used to really like the smell of the hazelnut coffee that my grandparents used to have in their kitchen.
@MarieCoyle (32328)
Coffee is high on my list, as well as lavender. Freshly dried clothes off of a clothesline, especially sheets. Good foods on a real charcoal grill. Cinnamon anything. Puppy breath. I asked my older son this question once, and he immediately answered that his favorite aroma was when I baked chocolate chip cookies. What's a mama to do? I baked some more cookies...
@Beestring (13880)
I also like the smell of popcorn, and the smell of jasmine.
Talking about smell, I just had an exchange convo on one of my readers in an artile that I wrote and we both love the smell of a new book. Hehehehe.
First is lilac, then jasmine, the the scent of pine, and I can never resist the scent of pizza,
@Deepizzaguy (97895)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I like the smell of fried chicken a lot.
@kobesbuddy (77600)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I love the smell of lilacs and vanilla, is a nice smell:) My friend Gwen gave me a scented figure for the kitchen wall. It smelled like freshly baked, apple pie:) Homemade bread is a wonderful scent.