Would you...

@tentwo67 (3384)
Would you accept twenty years of extraordinary happiness and fulfillment if it meant you would die at the end of the period?
Yes. It reminds me of that quote from Steel Magnolias. "I rather have 20 minutes of wonderful than a life time of nothing special."
@tentwo67 (3384)
What a fabulous movie!
@HerShe (2386)
No, I don't think I would accept twenty dollars for excitement or fulfillment if I knew I would die at the end of the period. Are you watching hockey/ are a huge fan of hockey? I ask because of the way you said. "... at the end of the period?"
@tentwo67 (3384)
No, I'm not a huge hockey fan. That was the way the question had been posed to me. I do like hockey, but I hardly ever watch it so that had nothing to do with it.
I am very happy the way my life is now. I would give up the rest of my life after the first 20 just to be sure I stay happy. Life isn't always blissful happiness and it shouldn't be. Each pain, struggle and heartache is what helps a person become who they are. I would hate to die at the end of 20 years and miss out on lives of my children or the lives of, some day within the next 20 years, my grandchildrens.
I meant to say I WOULDN"T give up my life.
@TerryZ (22083)
I would accept but I dont think I would want to know when I was dying. It is better to keep some things unknown. Just my opinion.
@TerryZ (22083)
Just dropping a line to thankyou for best response Im just getting to them. heheheh
@Ravenladyj (22937)
Sure I would....it would mean dying a little younger than I should but living to the age of 56 is still a decent amount of time plus I imagine that by the time I'm 56 my kids will be in their 30s, settled in life and hopefully I'll have grandkids already so ya I would
@KrauseHome (36340)
Interesting thought here. But I agree with some of the other posts feeling I would be Robbing myself of something Greater if I lived like I only had 20 yrs. of life. I am already in my 40s, and I feel I have learned a lot over time, and why would I only want to live to be in my 60s? I do have a Great life now. Yes, I have some problems, but overall it is a life I am not willing to trade. I just go day by day, minute by minute, learning from my experiences, and go on from there.
@saphire539 (1641)
Yes i would because then it would mean i would have at least 20 years of total happiness and fullfillment which right now i'am lucky if i get one day of it.
@ossie16d (11827)
I wouldn't at all, because I have had 36 years of extraordinaty happiness and fulfillment married to my husband and I am not ready to die just yet. There are still many things that I want to do, and as long as I have a functioning brain and the ability to look after myself, then I can still contribute to society.
@Darkwing (21588)
The Hand of Friendship - Hands reaching out to touch each other forming a bond between Heaven and Earth.
No, I wouldn't. I believe we learn from our paths in life and that we create our own happiness and fulfillment. Nothing ever comes "free" in life, does it? Goals have to be worked towards and life is what you make it. May you live long and leave this life happy and fulfilled. Love is the law and love is the bond. :-)
@edelweiss (1929)
I dont think this situation is possible for me.. Because I'll be extraordinarily happy if everyone i know is happy and they'll be happy if everyone they know is happy.. and soon everyone in this world should be happy (by chain reaction) and there will be few who will not be happy just because its only twenty years of bargain. And there will be few who will not be happy because someone their dont like is happy and so fights will start and politics will start and then democracy will prevail, laws will be formed.. some will break them.... BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! It is in violation of the question. Therefore the quesiton is hypothetical, it cannot be true.
@tentwo67 (3384)
huh?
Maybe yes If I get guarantee and get what I want in these twenty years.
• Pakistan
exactly......this is all what i want
@Nitemare (279)
• Pakistan
Yeah! i'll accept...what else do you want??
@blueman (16513)
nopes, i would never want that to happen with me, i am happy as i am no more no less.