How many people....

@bterrier (308)
I want to know how many people have Family dinner every week. My wifes Family has done it since, before I met her. Every Tuesday her mother cooks and her three brothers their wives their Kids come over for dinner. I have never seen anything like it. Its a wonderful thing! So please let me know, is this normal?
@wvchell78 (564)
We do not have an actual family dinner but we do go to my parents house every Sunday to visit. Sometimes we have dinner with them but the only dinners that are with the entire family is at holidays. I think it is great that your wife's family is close.
@bterrier (308)
Yea I love it, Its great watching them help each other out! Or should I say it's great being a part of them helping each other out! : ) Thanks for response!
@lauriefnp (5112)
I don't think that it's abnormal, it's just not done very often anymore. Everyone is so busy it seems; work all day, then there's always something going on in the evening. Many people are busy running kids all over the place for whatever sport or activity they are involved in. So many people don't even take time to sit down as a family to eat anymore. This is a nice tradition- I'm wondering, does anyone mind going? Is it voluntary,or is it kind of a "command performance?"
Yes I think it's normal. I don't know if it is frequently practiced anymore. My family is very close and we have family dinners every week. Some families live so far apart they lose contact and closeness. I am glad my family still lived close enough to get together so much. Also, Totally off the subject but I love your Avatar. Is that your dog? He/she is so sweet. My husband has always wanted one of those dogs.