living with depression

I was just wondering how some of you might live with depression and how this may effect your lives?
I can only say that depression is a medical condition and needs to be treated. I came across so many discussion topics on depression. The worse is when you are a person who doesn't show your emotions....everything gets bottled up and one day, you will just explode. Check out this website www.depression.com and learn more about it....to all, please remember not to stay depressed, get treated.
thank you for adding that website and another one that you can look at is www.welbutrin.com for help with depression.
• New Zealand
I have depression and its been a struggle. I have been to the point of just about being a vegetable, but I then started going to therapy and things have started to get better for me. I still live with the pain today... but I am able to do a lot more things now. I have a job now, and I have a very understanding boss who knows what it is like. I try and just take each day as it comes, one step at a time. I am going to start going to counselling in the new year on top of the group therapy and psychiatrist appointments. I have to take medication to get through, and I try a little bit of alternative medicines too. I find that vitamin B helps a lot, and this tablet called NADH. I am trying so hard to get out of depression, but I find its like fighting in a war. I try and say prayers every day. They help me find some kind of peace in this madness. When I have a really down day I just try to take it easy. It is extremely hard on those days to even stay in this life, but I manage to get through. It really helps to have people to talk things through with. Its harder to deal with when alone. Being alone during a really bad time is dangerous. I have some really wonderful internet friends and they help me by talking to me. I am really lucky to have such awesome friends.
thank you for your time. I enjoy knowing everyones thought about this situation.
@Jshean20 (14362)
Well living with depression can be a very tough time and what makes it really hard is that people don't understand that it's actually an illness. I saw someone make a post regarding depression here on mylot the other day which I found to be a bit offensive and hurtful. It was his/her claim that depression is only for self absorbed/lazy people, well let me tell you that this isn't the case! If you're living with depression every day things in life are a struggle because your brain isn't functioning the way it should be. Therapy or medicine, or sometimes a combination of the two can help you get through it, though.
I agree therapy does seem to help. thank you for your time.
@megs85 (3144)
I have been diagnosed with severe post natal depression,a nd have been diagnosed with severe depression in the past. I have just stopped taking medication- I was on Zoloft. I find that depression affects my relationships with family and friends, and in particular my partner. I know tehy all struggle to comprehend and empathise with what I am going through which makes it even more isolating and difficult.
Relationships, family and friends are all a good support team. The may not realize what you are going through but help the understand and they will listen.