what is the reasoning for coping someones discussion

@TerryZ (22083)
I just noticed somebody copied my discussion. not word from word. I ask you why?
Unfortunatly this happens alot more than it should. Many times the culprits are somewhat innocent, they just fail to do a search on the keywords, so they don't realize there is already a "like" discussion. This is one reason why keywording your discussions is so important, and also doing a search before posting a discussion. Most times though it is blantant copying of anothers discussion. Many times they don't even change the wordage. It is in these cases that it is important to report the user that has copied your discussion. If there are enough similarities in the discussion post, you can also report it as a copied discussion. MyLot is great at taking care of these type of problems. I am sorry this happened to you.
@TerryZ (22083)
It just took me when I saw it. Now that I look at it it is no big deal.But if continues then I have a problem. Thanks for your info.
@madonna143 (1739)
I would actually agree with the first response that I saw that these things might happen, but it is really not nice to copy other's discussion. Well I guess people will just have to respect each other here and not steal discussions. Thanks and have a nice day!
@TerryZ (22083)
I just let it slide. But dont do it again. Right?