What would you do?

@3Dlace (339)
Say you have a child. Your best friend is female and she works in a county runned day care. You feel that your child needs to attend daycare for social activity. Okay now for the tricky stuff... ... Your best friend now accuses your mate of molestation on your child. Your child's behavior is abnormal and you seek professional help for the abnormal behavior. You break up the relationship in fear that your child was molested. A few months later, your child's therapist tells you "Yes there are signs and symptoms of molest". Your best friend (since you were seeing therapy and stuff) has not come around but calls randomly and asks "so your mate, is he/she in jail for molesting your kid yet?". You always tell your best friend no. Then your best friend calls one night real late and tells you that they molested your child. They give you details on it! How would you deal with this?
@amitheone (274)
It is betrayal. You can forgive your friend but they have to suffer the consequences. You have to tell the authorities about her because she might have done it with several kids and it is your responsibility to have her reported. I don't think a friend can ever do that to you.
@3Dlace (339)
Well, it so happened that a friend did do this. I did call authorities on it and this friend has ran off, just disappeared for the moment. I'm sure they will catch her though.
Press charges, if possible, tell the therapist, and of course the county run daycare. Get her away from children!!! Explain to your former mate,who might or might not understand. Is this friend jealous of your mate by any chance? It sure sounds like it to me. That is no friend.