What do you think of the idea of Wal Mart cancelling their layaway?

WalMart is cancelling their layaway BEFORE Thanksgiving this will mean that all those items on sale then will not be able to be put on layaway. What do you think? Will this hurt business even more?
I think it would be best to contact the store. I have a layaway at walmart. It has to be picked up by Dec 07. I know the cut off line to put an item down is Nov. I don't find it that hard to understand. I put down 79.00$ worth of items. I them happen to brouse ebay. I bid an won items. That walmart charged 12.00$ for. I won for $2.50. They said it is due to the lack of use with layawy. I as a customer forgot they had layaway. So I don't find it a bad thing. We are saposed to get a game section for kids to play in. I'll have to wait and see.
This may not cause a problem for you but for many it was a way of being able to afford the items on sale on Black Friday by being able to pay for it later in the month. I know many who use the service -- especially for children's gifts.
I may use the layaway at k-mart if ever needed. It is not that bad. Who knows I may need them too. I just don't shop unless I have the money. I have got use to this after paying on my credit report. having to get into buying when you have cash. Thanks
@loved1 (5336)
I think people are going to freak out about Wal Mart cancelling their layaway. I really think people will be spending much less money the Friday after Thanksgiving and all through the Christmas season. I wonder if they are going to introduce a new system instead of layaway but similar. I never used layaway so it doesn't affect me but there are lots of others who will be very upset!