Button pushing

What pushes your buttons and makes you want to say.....BITE ME? Unleash let us know what sets you off.
@ossie16d (11826)
Yes some people seem to think that when we marry we lose our identity and then it happens again once we become parents. Sometimes I would be shopping and someone would say to me "oh you're ...... Mum" to which I would reply "no my name is ..... and ..... is my son". Gee I am an individual so I always made sure everyone knew who I was and that I did have a name of my own.
Thanks for validating the way I feel. It is amazing how we as women get sucked into that vaccuum of belonging to everyone but ourselves. Good for you for correcting them! Thanks for the reply.
@ossie16d (11826)
Thanks for giving me best response for this discussion. :)
I don't know
ahh come on, what gets you mad!!!???
@ossie16d (11826)
A couple of things. But one that really tick me off are people being being rude and/or ignorant for no reason. I also hate being referred to as "the missus" because I do have a name and an identify other than being a wife and mother.
Oh, when I got married, the name change was the hardest thing. Even after 3 yrs. If we are having a spat, unconsciously I write my maiden name on checks. Weird. I will not allow my daughters friends to call me Mrs. It has to be by my 1st name. D*mn It we are people, now and before we were married. We should still be allowed to be treated as such!
@daycarepal (1998)
Oh for me one of the things is waiting in the drive thru lane of the bank....slowly you creep up...finally the car in front of you rolls down their window...do they put their deposit in the little shute thingy?? NO!! They ask the teller for a deposit slip! When the teller finally sends them one, they sit in their car and take 10 minutes to fill the darn thing out! Why oh why don't people just go inside if they are not prepared?? I go inside the bank about once a month and when I do I grab a handful of deposit slips so I can have my slip filled out and ready when it's my turn......okay can you tell I use to be a bank teller years ago? LOL