Children: At What Age Should They Shop?

How old should a child be when he or she is allowed to pay for items at a cashier alone, either with or without parents?
@dulheraja (436)
after 8
@ssh123 (31096)
My son at 6, could go to shop and bring small and petty things like candles, match box, chocolates etc. Now, he is 13 and brings medicines, milk sachets, magazines, his school requirements like refill for pen, erazer, note books, etc. Most of the shops are within 500 metres from our house.
@1alyssa (758)
my girls are 11 and 10 and i let them pay by themselves i always make sure i am able to watch them though i am never that far away
@skittlez353 (1404)
I would say it depends on their maturity and their gender. Girls can be more mature than guys, according to statistics. I would say around 12 or 13 though, for safety reasons, unless your in the store and they`re just walking around the store, around 10-11 then should be okay.
my neice is 4 and loves to give the cashier money for her special treat at the store