House cleaning is my thing. I love to clean my home

..Tips Turn your nose on. Sniff before you start cleaning. Bad odors can lead you to the places that need to be cleaned first! Bucket up. I keep all my cleaning products, including rags, sponges, rubber gloves and Pledge® Duster Plus®, in one large bucket. When it's time to clean, I just pick up the bucket and go. I also carry an old laundry basket with me. As I clean, anything that doesn't belong in that particular room gets dumped into the basket and redistributed later. Use sunless days. On hazy days, you'll have more time to wipe the cleaning formula off window glass before the heat dries it and leaves it streaky. If you have to wash on a sunny day, at least try to wash the windows on the side of the house facing away from the sun. Choose a faster cleaner. I love those wet wipes that come with a special cleaning formula targeted for particular needs. So I keep them handy near the area where they can do the most work. For example, I keep a package of Pledge® Multi-Surface Clean & Dust™ Wipes near my wood cabinets and wood tables, electronics and appliances for super-speed dusting. I keep Windex® Glass and Surface Wipes near my living room windows and kitchen countertops, plus one in the bathroom for mirrors. And I keep a package of Shout® Wipes in the laundry room, as well as in my purse and in our cars for unexpected stains—at home or on the go! Extend your power. You can lose a lot of time moving cords from plug to plug when you move your vacuum from room to room. Just buy an extension cord so that you can do the entire floor without unplugging. It can save you precious minutes. Cut down on dust. Did you know the static from your TV is a dust magnet? Store your DVDs across the room from your TV set, in an enclosed photo box, to limit dust getting on them. Dry faster. Notice all that dust left behind when you use a paper towel to dry your windows? That comes from the static charge generated by the paper. So I use Windex® Dry Microfiber Cloths whenever I use any Windex® Glass Cleaner on my windows. The specially designed cloth has millions of tiny pockets that lift and trap dirt without streaking, so you don't have to go over the windows twice. And they last as long as 14 paper towels and can be washed up to four times in the washing machine! Quicker keyboard cleanup. I am an incorrigible snacker whenever I use my computer. (I know, I know: drinking or eating near your computer is not good for it!) So I make sure that once a week I turn my keyboard over, place a trash can underneath and give it a good strong tap to dislodge any crumbs that may have settled between the keys. Use nonstick cooking spray—generously! It makes cleaning any pot, pan or appliance easier. When baking cookies, line the pan with aluminum foil and spray the foil with cooking spray (the pan underneath will be practically clean after use). Spray a bit down the center shaft of a food processor to keep doughy foods from sticking. And spray it on the slow-cooker insert before adding ingredients. Clean your toilet bowl in a jiffy. I hate cleaning my toilet brush every time I clean my toilets. That's why I love the Scrubbing Bubbles® Fresh Brush™ Flushables Toilet Cleaning System. The scrubby pad is attached to the brush, and when you're through scrubbing, you just flush the pad and the germy mess away. It not only saves time, but it also helps keep your toilet—not to mention your hands—cleaner! Pet-hair helpers. Want to get that pet hair off your bedspread fast? A sticky lint roller is your best answer. Consider storing one in your nightstand drawer or under your bed. Presoak silverware. Do you find that you often have to reclean silverware after one round in the dishwasher? A presoak in carbonated water will help to dissolve grease and crusted foods and make that one dishwasher round more effective. Just put your dirty silverware in a clean loaf pan half filled with carbonated water and then throw in some boiling water for added power. Let soak about 10 minutes, rinse off and then wash in your dishwasher. Cook smarter. Prevent splatters (and thus cleanup!) by using a bigger bowl than necessary. I also use a bigger pot when cooking to avoid having liquids run over onto the stove or oven floor.
@ossie16d (11825)
Some really great hints here. Thank you. Anyone else got any to share so our housework is made easier and of course cheaper if you can tell us how to use the old fashioned cleaning products.
I always list tips when i find them. It is a great thing to have. Thanks for the reply
@getjimmy (2243)
Yes a very great tips specially for guy like me.Thanks for great tips.
@ossie16d (11825)
Thanks very much for giving me best response for this discussion and it is very much appreciated. :)
@bicklelady (1411)
ok so do you want to come to my house and clean? LOl I love the web sight at www.flylady.com It will give you all kind of cleaning tips.
Your so funny. I was thinking I should have started my own cleaning company. But I hate bathrooms. oh s bad.
@tsgirl01 (900)
What a very nice, informative discussion. Thank you, I read it all and appreciate the tips. Take care!