ZOO's ..Do you like to go to them?

@mcc371 (918)
Do you like to see all the different animals from around the world, Or do you feel that these animals should be returned to their natural habitat?
@MGarcia (331)
It is a 50/50 tug for me. I enjoy seeing all the different animals but I also hate to see them locked up out of their natural habitat. Although most of them don't know the difference because they were raised in that enviroment they still didn't have a chance to experience what their life was supposed to be.
@mcc371 (918)
yes I can understand you point. Animals do need to experience their natural habitat, but some of the species can't go back because mankind has built shopping malls and bars and other lumber companies have all played roles in taking their environment away.
I love zoo's, I think it is the neatest thing to see the many varieties of animals. My favorite zoo is the Brookfield Zoo in ILL. I have been their many times and still haven't seen all they have to offer. I gotta go back someday soon so I can start taking my kids there.
@mcc371 (918)
yes it is a really neat place to go see all the different animals and many unique creatures. I don't really have a favorite part of the zoo we go to here. I have seen everything several times but everytime I have had the chance to go there is always something new to see. Yes, your kids will love it. They will learn so many things.
@LadyElektra (1079)
i live in montreal canada
@mcc371 (918)
cool, I have never been there. Is there not any zoos near you or do you just prefer not to go? I have been to several zoos and always find animals and creatures at them I have never seen before. No two zoos I have been to had the same exact thing. Something different at everyone of them.
@LadyElektra (1079)
ive never been to a zoo
@mcc371 (918)
oh wow, where do you live? I use to always go when I was a kid and I took the kids when they were little. I have a animal farm here at the ranch. We have cows, chickens, goats, horses, donkeys, dogs, cats, fish, and then lots of wild wildlife like rabbits, snakes, armadillos, skunks, raccoons, fox, wolves,etc all running around here.
@mythmoh (3986)
yes.As i like to go to zoo.Mostly in all the zoos they are maintaining animals just like the way they used to be in jungles.Sure it is a good chance for children to have a look of animals and also know about them in detail.
@mcc371 (918)
yes i agree, they do have lots of different animals for kids to learn about and they have tried to re-creat the jungle environment as much as possible. Our zoo has a summer program for kids to come and help take care of certain animals and actually they have a camp where the kids can spend the night there. The kids learn so much about the animals and learn to respect them for what they are. My kids learned alot about our country from the eagle exhibit. The staff are great with kids also.
@srhelmer (7031)
• Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
I love zoos but there are so few around here. We take our daughter up to a game farm (which costs us $3) and she loves watching the animals.
@mcc371 (918)
Here in Texas there is several game reserves. Some charge and some take donations. I like to see the animals and I am always trying to learn more about them. They are some very unique creatures and have found out alot of amazing things. My kids have always loved animals and so we moved to the country so they could have their own farm.
@Brooke3 (614)
I don't mind zoo's, btu i would rather see them in their natural habitat.
@mcc371 (918)
yes I would like to see them in their natural habitat too, but unfortunately that is not possible since the lumber companies have came in and the poachers are a major cause to the endangered list.
@lokesh61 (551)
no
@mcc371 (918)
no what?? Can you please explain why you said no.
@tishabest (602)
• Belgium
Even though I think it's horrible to cage another living creature the truth is love zoos and am fascinated by them. I wish we wouldn't lock them up but create safari like areas but that's just as bad isn't it?
@mcc371 (918)
To me a a safari is more open territory than a cage. I have been to a safari and the animals are free to roam and enteract with each other. They do have fences that separate the animals so the ones who don't get along can be kept somewhere else. As for zoos they are more in a compact area. Trails are everywhere and there are fences as well as cages to confine the animals. Some animals have a concrete barrier wall so people can't get to up close.
@sedel1027 (17851)
I love going to the zoo. The zoo we have here is very nice and the animals have a ton of room. We have many endandgered animals which the zoo is trying to preserve. If they were returned to the wild, they would probably get killed by poachers which is not a good thing.
@mcc371 (918)
Poachers have made several species almost if not extinct these days. I like going to the zoo and I think the people who work in these places have a wealth of informaton to share and I am glad to see some of the creatures that are on endangered list being able to reproduce in hopes of getting off that list.
@rherdey (966)
OH yes I love to go to the zoo. Just couple weeks ago went with the grandchildren. They had a family day at the zoo here and was so much fun. We spend like 4 hours there just walking around looking and feeding animails. Had a great time. One thing I like is they add new animals and also you are able to learn more about the diffrent animals everytime you visit. Always something new going on a the zoo.
@mcc371 (918)
yes my kids are grown, no grandkids yet..according to them they aren't having any either. But I work just as much now as I did then maybe more. I would like to go back and see all the animals. We have more less created our own jungle it seems like. We have horses, cows, Donkeys, and other animals.
@LadyElektra (1079)
there are zoos about 1 hour away
@bhchy1 (6051)
Oh yes...I love seeing God's creatures locked up in cages to be gawked at and teased my foolish people..makes for a great afternoon!
I have no problem with animals in modren zoos they are not the small concreat cages of long ago .They animals now have large natural places with animal inrichment .They are not just setting around .Life in the wild is not all rosey alot of animals are killed while young .Animals in zoos also bring awareness to thier area of the world and help in over all concervation of the wild places so that there is wild animals left .