Do You Have To Have The Latest Technology

@wolfie34 (26791)
United Kingdom
I have just got my new upgraded mobile phone a Nokia 6280 it's taken me 3 days to get it out of its box and get it charged, I have got too attached to my Nokia 6630 and I can't be bothered to change it over. Are you like this, prefer to hold on to things for as long as possible or do you upgrade to the latest technology as soon as it comes out?
@patootie (3593)
Umm .. if you are attached to your old phone why did you need a new one I wonder ..?? I can't afford to upgrade each time they bring a slightly new version out but even if I could I doubt I would .. it's easier to just stick to what you have .. well at least until it's breaks or gets stolen .. Have fun with your new phone:o)
@wolfie34 (26791)
My contract was up next year and for staying with the same operator they gave me an update for FREE! I could always sell it on Ebay! You don't turn your nose up at anything Free, especially if it's a mobile phone.
I'm like you on that one, have been meaning to get my mobile for nearly a month, the guy from the shop I got it from keeps calling me to ask when I'm gonna do it...is a friend of a friend, not just an especially pushy salesman!!! When I do finally get round to it will prob sit in the box for a while, then it'll take another week or several to figure out how it actually works!
@wolfie34 (26791)
Some of the trouble with me is that I am lazy! Thanks for your response.
@SimplyJo (1694)
naaahh.. i'm not really tech savvy. i am kinda materialistic and clingy about my stuff. like right now i got a blackberry from office but i just can't let go of my motorazer - and i'm planning to return the BB and switch back to my moto.. i mean even though i got the BB for free - and i thought i for one can never let go of a freebie - i dont think that anymore !
@emeraldisle (13145)
I wish I could afford to upgrade to the latest as soon as it comes out but even then I probably wouldn't. My thought has always been if it's not broken why fix it. In other words if the technology I have is working fine why should I upgrade and then have problems. I've seen it happen too many times. People rush to get the newest and then they realize they like their old one better.
@chiyosan (30194)
as for me, i fi have a new gadget, i use it right away. but im not the type who switch to the latest model if my current phone is still functional