If you have alot of coins, what would you do....

@mzbubblie (3840)
Now a days in the US there are a lot of ways to cash in your change for more dollar bills. You can go to the bank and also to the grocery stores. I believe you have a certain fee you have to pay when going to a grocery store...With that said I have decided to go to the bank to cash in my coins..I have a water jug full of coins that I have collected with time. Now that I'm ready to cash them in, I'm sorta embarrassed cause I don't want to hold up some line somewhere with there is no telling how much change I have. What would be your be option. I was thinkin about waiting until the bank is about closed then take it up there. Or go during the day. I know it's a silly question, But I been pondering how to get all them coins to the bank to cash them in. I guess I never thought about it when I initially started...Help...suggestions...
@beta_love (451)
well when i have lots of coins i keep them in my pigggy bank and when its full i collect them and get it converted into paper money and keep it in my savings. to get in converted into paper oney i either give it to the shopkeeper of my locality whom i know very well but i dont give all together, instead i give them in installments so that it should not be a burden for him too
@mzbubblie (3840)
Ahhh very good idea, I may have to try that one....thank you for your response
@Lady_Vincy (1540)
I keep all of my coins in my piggy bank. I rarely use my change so I stick it in their until it gets full then I take it to the bank where they give me bills for my change.
@mzbubblie (3840)
Ahh I see...I have a water jug full of coins...I will probably take a little at a time...thank you for your response
I save mine in an old mobile phone box! Doesn't say much does it, the great thing about having surplus coinage is that you never know when they may come in handy!
@mzbubblie (3840)
i totally agree with you. I guess it's in between me knowing how much I got and worrying about taking them all up to the bank...thank you for your response
@shywolf (4520)
Just take the coins in during a less busy time of the day. I'm sure that you aren't the only one doing it, no one is going to get mad at you unless you purposely take the coins in on say, a busy Saturday afternoon when there are tons of people waiting in line to be served *laugh* I too have collected coins and had them turned into the bank later. It's such a lovely feeling to know that you've saved up that money and that it has grown from a few pennies into something that actually amounts to a decent amount of money like a dollar or three that you could buy something useful with! ^_^
@imakella (668)
i'll collect more and exhibit them