People always look at me funny wiping off the store carts.

I use lysol,or clorox wipes to clean my supermarket carts. This is something I always do people look at me so funny. What is it I am doing wrong? have you seen the nose pickers driving their cars. Touching their steering wheels. Ohhhhhh boy!!
@mari61960 (4895)
I don't know why they would give you funny looks. You would think they would be envious of your clean cart vs. their dirty one..lol A couple of the grocery stores in my area provide antibacterial wipes free as you enter the store. I have had flesh eating bacteria..so I know about germs. Give me a funny look anytime.
Oh I am so sad to hear this. I do know you keep your stuff clean. I went in the hospital for bacteria, they had to keep me 7 days and on liquids. They say I could have picked it up anywhere. Man not me ever again.
@crazynurse (7489)
OH MY GOD. Those carts are filthy! I have watched people sneeze and cough into their hands (which is of course the polite thing to do rather than into the air) but then they have to continue pushing the cart! YUK! During flu season it is especially important to clean the cart. I wouldn't worry about people looking at you funny...they are the ones who are risking being sick!
People should sneeze or cough in there elbows. This is the right way to do it. Not their hands. I have over come the staring. I just don't care. I even use wipes to clean my gym locker before placing my things in side. Thanks for the mess..
Not to mention all the other germs all over the handles. People cough in their hands, sneeze, wipe & don't wash.. of course you'd wash your cart. I do too. & if I happen to forget my bleach wipes-- I don't use a cart. I absolutely can't handle it.. it's gross & I don't put my little girl in carts either. I just think of all those germs & wonder why more people aren't as clean as me.
And that alone makes you a better mommie. I see people all the time rolling small kids around. These carts are filled with all kinds of stuff. Your baby is truly cared for. Thanks.
@sedel1027 (17851)
It is not so much the adults you have to worry about. It ia all those little kids who put their mouths on the carts. That is usually how they pass on those lovely 24hr stomach viruses.
And how right you are. I never even thought twice on this one. I am just so tired of all the germs. I clean my door knobs,doors etc all the time.
• Bermuda
I think it is a smart idea....but i wouldnt do it...cause i dont worry about herms and stuff...but i think it would be a good idea.