Legos, building blocks

@gberlin (3836)
Are there any adults on MyLot that collect Legos? What is your favorite Lego theme? My is the Castle theme. See picture.
@Debs_place (10524)
I never saw the medieval village before...I like that. I don't collect them, but my son had the castle and a bunch of other ones. They were expensive, now that I think about it, I wonder what happened to them. Have you been to the lego stores...they are pretty cool and you can buy just the blocks you want, better then those sets.
@gberlin (3836)
Everything that you see in the display is my own creation except the blacksmith shop. That is why you have never seen the medieval village in the store. I have only been to the Lego store at the Mall of America in Minnesota. I would be tickled pink if there was a store in Michigan where I live. I know there is a store near Chicago but tha is 5 hours away. I don't get there very often. If you want to see more of my creations, here is a website of my lego pictures I have taken of my creations. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=gberlin
@Debs_place (10524)
Wow...you are creative. I was at the LEgo store in Chicago, my son is in the Navy and we went there for his graduation from boot camp.
@gberlin (3836)
That is so cool!
@cdparazo (5768)
I don't collect legos but I plan to buy some for my daughters when the time comes because my 2-year old might just swallow some of it when I'm not looking. LOL!
@gberlin (3836)
They do make bigger blocks called Duplo that are made for younger children. I don't think that she could swallow the Duplo blocks. The nice thing about Duplo blocks is that they are made by Lego and you can also use regular Lego blocks with the Duplo blocks when the kids get older.
@cdparazo (5768)
This is great information. My daughter rather likes to play with blocks. I will check it out. I hope its available in my country. Thanks!
I used to have an extensive Lego collection, but it got left behind in one of my moves. Luckily, though, my fiance had a pretty good collection of his own, and I've been told I can play with them if I want to. :) He has some that are sort of a jungle adventure theme, with dinosaurs and such, and I think that's my new favorite theme.
@gberlin (3836)
Thats cool. My problem is that Lego is always coming out with new themes but my money supply can not keep up. My next theme I want is the Vikings sets. I have always liked vikings and my grandparents on my mom's side were from Sweden so its kind of my heritage. Have fun with your fiance's legos.
@Woodpigeon (3710)
Raising hand sheepishly. Yes, I do but I have children so I can hide my guilty secret fairly successfully. I loved the Star Wars Imperial Destroyer, although it was really tough to put together. I also had a lot of fun with the HArry Potter series, as one of my sons was just the right age when the Hogwarts CAstle came out.
@gberlin (3836)
I like the Harry Potter series myself and have many of the sets. I just got the new catalog and they have a new Hogwarts castle.
@natalie1981 (2000)
I used to love legos as a kid, though I didn't know Lego has a theme. I just like building them up and playing with them. LOL. I've seen your pictures, I think it's a good hobby. I was just wondering...Where do you get the space to store all your legos? LOL.
@gberlin (3836)
My son moved out to Montana and we live in Michigan. He is about 1800 miles away. Anyway, I move a big table into his room with sides on it for building lego stuff. Underneath the table I have legos stored in clear plastic boxes. However, I have pretty much used up all that space. So I need to find some more space before I buy any more legos. My wife bought me a couple of sets last Christmas and I put them together but now I need to take them apart and store them.
@mypigbox (2245)
I like to see them.But i do not want to play it.My skill is poor.it is hard for me to build a nice one.
@gberlin (3836)
I wasn't so good at first either. The more you play with them the more possibilities you discover.
@opinione (749)
I'm not a "collecteur" but I still have the legos I used when I was young (29 years ago, when at the age of 7 I stopped with legos, I had a big big basket full of all those little, medium sized and big pieces). Now, at 36, I'm playing legos with my son, 13 months old, and we are enjoing ourselves a lot. I like better the legoland-space series.
@gberlin (3836)
I never had legos when I was a kid. I started buying legos for my kids in 1990. Now they are 27 and 22. They buy me legos now!:) I still enjoy them as you can see.