Which room do you want to remodel?

I have just about got mine done,I still have the tile in the kitchen and entryway and my house will be ready for the market. Do you know which will add more over all value to your home?
@samsonskola (3357)
the home i'm in is rented, so i can't do anything, but if i could i would re-do the kitchen...although it's really nice, it just doesn't have enough cabinet space and it's laid out a little strange...i have triangular cabinets on one end, unfortunately, i just can't seem to find any triangular boxes or cans to efficiently stack things in there...lol..i'd add some shelves to some of the bottom cabinets to make better use of the space, and i'd definitely add a dishwasher! That's what i'm missing the most!
If a kitchen's layout doesn't work that is the best reason to remodel it.Adding more cabinets is a great way to change the layout. Nah I ain't seen no trianglular boxes or cans lately myself lol
I have a fixation about kitchens and bathrooms. Before we sold our last house, we tiled the bathroom and redocorated the kitchen. When I was looking around for a new house, I always asked to see the kitchen and bathroom first, and if these did not meet with my expectations, then I wouldn't bother looking at the other rooms in the house.
Kitchen are a must as for the bathrooms if you can fix them up.... if the price is right ...
@emeraldisle (13145)
If I could I'd start in the kitchen. Ours was poorly designed in the first place and it makes it seem so small. If two people are in there they are tripping over each other. I'd replace all the cupboards and counter tops and instead of having them in the almost "u" shape it is now I'd have it in an "L" so that it is all open on the side to the dining room. It would make it seem twice as big and over all I wouldn't lose cupboard space because of how it is right now there is a good amount wasted I'd be using. Any time you remodel and improve something it adds to the value of the house. Well usually. There are some exceptions but overall any time it's updated and made more modern it does help, especially for resale.
That is the best place to start to add to" most " value . I see you have really been thinking about this...
I am renting a condo right now and I can't remodel, but if I could I would start with the kitchen and bathroom. Those add the most value to your home. I would tear out this 1970s ugly brown tile and replace it with something a little more modern. I would paint the entire house some other shade than white. I am so sick of looking at white walls. New dishwasher, washer, and dryer would be next. Then I would be tearing out these hall closets and making my living room larger. lol, can you tell I hate my condo? That isn't even half of what I would do, but it would be a really good start.
So sorry you're a renter because it is so cool to remodel your whole home and see the end result. Planning on buying a fixer upper LOL you sound like you aready!!! Definetly the kitchen first then the master girl !! Have fun