do you have health insurance paid for by your work?

@lpetges (3036)
this is not a sales talk. I just wonder how many people actually have coverage any more. its so expensive to buy on your own that i think many people go without. Maybe we are almost better off not to have anything and have the state pay for us. of course we would not he able to own anything, but that is what happens when you have a terminal illness or anything major. The hospital takes everything you have.
@jess368 (3368)
My mom has me on her insurance. even though i moved out she keeps me on it. until i get married or i am not in college any more they dont have to know i dont live there. and yes she does get it through her work. i have dental and health through my moms job. my job dosent offer it.
@KrisNY (7591)
My workplace offers health insurance- They pay a certain percentage of the premiums and then deduct the other part from our checks (if we sign up). They deduct the employee portion and then we are taxed on the remaining balance- so its called pre-tax premium.. this does save some money because it puts you in a lower tax bracket. My workplace also offers dental insurance but the employee has to pay the whole premium.. I opted out of this- It was way more than 2 cleanings would cost per year.
@milott (2647)
No, unfortunately my work don't pay my health insurance, i had to pay for it from my pocket. It was their in my previous employers but my present employer does not have that facility. I would hope that they had that facility, so that it would relieve in great way to me, if they would have paid it. In our place health insurance is costly.
@TerryZ (22083)
Yes I do have health insurance thank goodness. I get it through my husbands plan. I do agree you have to have it today or like you said the hospital will take things from you. So stay healthy.
At my last job I couldn't afford the health insurance. Luckily at my new job, I can. I was without insurance for a number of years and because of that many times when I was sick, I didn't see a doctor. I couldn't afford the visit or the medicine.