How do I express my regret without saying a SORRY !!

I have hurt someone very close to me, whom I love a lot. I wanna apologise for the same,but my male ego,prevents me from saying a SORRY. Can anyone suggest me a way, so that my purpose is served and my ego is also not hurt?
Forget the male ego please. If you cannot say it, write it down. Or, buy a card that says how you feel. Say, "Will you forgive me." If you know you hurt someone then please do it.
Thanks that was well said. I have done the same.
@aelyus (634)
You can express that you are sorry without saying this world,by embracing the other,showing him how much you care about him!this is a solution for your problem!
I'm sorry, but that is NOT an apology. A wrong cannot be ignored and swept under the carpet. If a man is man, he WILL apologise - without any "buts"
@lauriefnp (5112)
Forget your ego. If you know that you have done something wrong and have hurt someone you love, what is wrong with saying that you are sorry? You've already expressed it here, so why not tell the person who really matters? A sincere apology will not hurt your ego. It will make you feel better about yourself and it will make the person that you hurt respect you more. Saying "I'm sorry" can be difficult, but sometimes it just has to be done.
@opinder (421)
there is no way you can apologize without saying sorry. if you can't say it face to face...say it over the phone. and if that is too much.....write it. but there is no escape from it.
I'm sorry, but if your male ego prevents you from saying sorry, I'd say you are not yet a man. Personally, I wouldn't be interested in any sort of apology if you are more worried about your ego than you are about your friend. I'm sorry if I offend, but honesty is the best policy.