Do you have a favourite smell?

Bread - freshly baked bread
@rosie_123 (6118)
I love the smell of freshly baked bread! I don't bake myself, but if I ever go into a supermarket and they have just baked bread I just have to buy some! So do you have a favourite smell? Perhaps it is a flower, or a perfume, - or something that reminds you of your childhood? Please share here.
@ashjoe76 (1434)
I love the smell of apples. I had been addicted to its smell as a child. I would spend a lot of time playing with an apple, experiencing the utmost olfactory pleasure before eating it. I always have some apples at home, presumably to keep the doctor away. But I like to smell it much more than to eat it. I love the flavour of some ice creams too. I guess my sense of smell is so much associated with food, and hope there is nothing wrong with that.
@rosie_123 (6118)
Absolutely nothing wrong in that at all! I like the smell of apples too, - though I remember as a child thst my grandparents had an orchard with so many apples, and sometimes the smell can get too sickly when there are so many apples and they are beginning to "go over" as they call it here, and get too ripe. Thanks for your answer.
@cuterose (1698)
i like all the good smell like smell of flowers, good spicy food, deoderants, scents, etc etc that exist in this world. but i'm very particular about some. they are, the smell of sand whenever there is rain. i loooove that smell. i would feel like eating the mud whenever it rains. then the smell of mint leaves, smell of new books etc
@rosie_123 (6118)
I agree with you about the mint leaves - my Mother used to grow mint in our garden when I was a child - and it is a lovely smell. Thanks for your response.
@jennifer611 (2502)
I LOVE the smell of fresh baked bread too. when I was little my mom and dad would make it on sunday's sometimes with a roast or stew or something.. the smell made your mouth water! ANyways, I just go to my grocery store and purchase the frozen bread loaves (they are really cheap) and I butter a loaf pan and put one in it. sit it in a warm spot, like turn the oven on low and open the oven door and sit the bread on the oven to til it rizes (like a few hours or so) and then bake it and that smell will fill your own house. its so good.. I like to spread butter on it before it rises so its a little buttery, and then again when it comes out of the oven so it dont get hard...it is so good and so easy to do, u should try it. if you have kids or animals and dont want to just leave the oven door open, just turn the oven on and let the bread sit on the stove, it will still rise.. now I want to make one lol..
@rosie_123 (6118)
Well thanks for the advice jennifer - I will definately try it sometime. Thanks for sharing and for responding here. And enjoy your bread if you do it now!
@sunnypub (2130)
I loe the smell of coffee in the morning, even though I don't drink it. I always say that when I am so wealthy that money is not an issue I would buy coffee and set it to brew each morning just so I could have the smell. I also love the smell of a desert rain. It is so relaxing to me and of course it reminds me of home and my chldhood.
@rosie_123 (6118)
I have never smelt desert rain, but I do like the smell of rain after a storm. Everything smells so fresh and clean somehow. Thanks for replying.
@loved1 (5336)
I love the smell of freshly baked bread too. I also love the smell of onions cooking in butter, freshly bathed baby, and Downey fabric softener.
@Zaphry (233)
• Finland
personally like smell of rose -.-..... dont even know why i like it
@Silverkid (279)
I know it may sound kinda weird but i like the smell of gas(as in the gas you put in your car) a little bit of it smells good but if i smell it too much it causes me to get a headache:P lol
@rosie_123 (6118)
LOL - well each to their own. I personally don't like the smell of petrol(as we call it here in the UK) - but it wouldn't do for everyone to be the same. Thanks for your answer.
@Miriel (1043)
• Norway
I just love the smell of strawberries! I grew up next to a strawberry field. So smelling strawberries gives me the ultimate summer feeling :)
@rosie_123 (6118)
I think it's true that smells that remind us of our childhood and happy times will always be nice for us. Thanks for your answer.
I think my favorite smell would be either freshly-baked banana pudding (reminds me of my mother) or something like freshly cut grass after it rains..in fact, any space where there are trees and grass after it rains smells real good to me..
@Rosepetal (352)
I love the smell of jasmines. The jasmine flower is so uplifting. I also love the smell of my boyfriend's cologne.
@Sarah1977 (495)
Freshly baked bread does smell heavenly.... I would have to say that my favorite smell is that of my sweet baby, Immanuel. He is 2 now, and he still has that delicious "baby" smell. Of course, I do give him a massage every day after his bath with Milk & Honey baby lotion. I guess that means that technically the lotion is my favorite smell, but I don't think I would like it nearly as much if it weren't on my baby.
@rosie_123 (6118)
Awww - that is sweet Sarah - thanks for your cntribution to this thread.
i love vanilla. i love to smell vanilla in my coffee, and i love vanilla scented candals. i love any vanilla flavored food just about. i don't know what it is about that teeny tiny bean but it just lifts my senses to another level of awareness. even in tea, i like to drop some vanilla into it to add just that special touch...mmm.
@rosie_123 (6118)
I love vanilla too. Thanks for posting here.
@webeishere (36353)
Ahhhh the wonderful sense of smell. Isn;t it amazing that even as infants this is one of the gretest sense. An infant can detect the different smell between mom & dad. Anyhow I love so many smells. But I would have to say that my favorite smell is that of my home made bread pudding cooking. Yummy. Going to dice up some bread soon. Now I'm craving it. Thing is I and up eting the whole pan because noone in my household has ever liked bread oudding. Their loss. HAHAHA. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!
@rosie_123 (6118)
LOL - I love bread and butter pudding too! Thanks for responding.
@winky73 (1396)
My favorite smell has to the one of fresh cutt grass.That smell always reminds me of summer.
@sweetlady10 (3617)
I have many favourite smell. Regarding smell of food I like the smell when you are baking chicken and the smell come through air from the oven. And I like the smell of freshly baked bread and cake.
@webbuff (926)
Definitely the fresh and breezy smell of the forest. minty and mild that everytime you wokeup you feel like your always relaxed.
@hezoid (2147)
I think it'd have to be the smell of my partners aftershave - Calvin Kleins Obsession for Men EDT. It's a totally heavenly smell and of course it also reminds me of him too!
• Gambia
The smell of coffee always cheers me up if i'm really tired. Also, the smell of fresh air after a thunderstorm is good.
@SimplyJo (1694)
Oh yes i do have quite a few smells i like. These are the top 3. # 1 - My b.f's perfume - rage - i totally freak out on this one. # 2 - petrol - yes i love the smell of petrol. # 3 - another one which is hard to believe - shoe polish - i looove it's smell. when i was young i used to open shoe polish box just to smell it.
@coolcatzz (1587)
My son and I were talking about this the other day. He likes weird stuff. LOL Maybe I shouldn't admit he is my son. He likes the smell of skunks and gas. Weird!!! I love the smell of vanilla, popcorn and fresh coffee.