Craft Idea's for Valentines day for the kids.

@minerc (1373)
I was wondering anyone have a valentine craft idea that the kids can make for my husband. I am thinking of things and cannot come up with anything, we have done the picture frames, and poems just looking for something different.
Make a large heart-shaped sugar cookie. ONce it is baked, have the kids all take part in decorating it. Have each design the cookie on paper and choose the best design. Decorate the cookie using this design.
@minerc (1373)
That's a good idea to. Thank You!
You could have them make valentine coupon books. My niece did this at school one year, instead of the standard father's day coupons (you know help clean the basement) the coupons said things like, good for an extra hug, a movie night, etc. It was really adorable.
@minerc (1373)
That sounds neat to. Thanks for the suggestions.
@brimia (6585)
They could make some homemade stationary or note paper. Have a stack of note-size paper and have the kids stamp hearts on the top of each paper with a potato stamp. Cut a heart shape into a potato and dip in paint as a potato stamp. You could make brownies or cookies together and have them cut out heart shapes with a cookie cutter. You could also make one big cookie and they can decorate it with heart shapes. You can fill a jar with candy and then decorate the outside and the lid with stickers, ribbon, fabric, and paint.
@minerc (1373)
Great Idea's I will have to try it, the kids would love the cooking and candy ones. Thank You!
@nancygibson (3737)
• France
Hmm, its an odd one that. In the UK we would normally only give a valentines gift to someone we were romantically interested in, traditionally usually someone you werent already involved with, so for a child to give a valentines gift to a parent would be seen as a little bit unusual. However, all cultures are different, so if thats normal where you are then fair enough. Why not bake something together? Food is always a good gift and children love to bake.
@minerc (1373)
Thank you! Maybe all people in the US dont think the same way as I do, Our Family look at valentines day as a celebration of love, to show the people that you love they are special.